V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an 03 low rider and am needing some info. The price is right where i live so i am just wondering what the pros and cons are on the bike. thanks for any help in advance..........ST

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just realized i should have posted this in the dyna section, forgive me i`m new, this will be my first bike though, i have been riding 3 & 4 wheelers and atvs my whole life so this should be fun.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dyna 's are very nice handling bikes. Probably a great choice for you. The only con i can think of is, if your gonna do lots and lots touring type riding. Then you may wanna think about something else.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice username!?!? Anyway, 2DEUCE is correct. Look at the type of riding you plan to do. I don't care much for the Dyna's myself, but if the price is right....go for it. If possible, rent a Dyna or take this one for a ride. Since this is your first bike, please consider the Motorcycle Saftey Course. Harley's are big bikes and take some time to get used to, especially if you've never ridden a street or dirtbike. No offense, but 3 and 4 wheelers don't count. The only similarity is shifting. Not to mention that you lean differently on a 3 wheeler. There are some good people on this forum and I'm sure you will recieve some good advice. J.T.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
I've had an 02 Low Rider since Sept. 2001. I love this bike. I'm tall so I had to install forward controls. The stock seat is terrible. Looks great but your butt will hate it after about 50 miles. Handles great, no problems so far, doesn't leak. The only problem is that I can't seem to stop buying stuff for it. Go for it if you like the bike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, ST
Ditto on the username! :eek:
I have to, somewhat, disagree with 2Deuce.
The rubbermount is a good bit smoother & should be quite comfy on those long-hauls.
However, an FL type is really the best for touring; comfort & capacity!
Fearnot69 made an extremely valid point!!!!!!!!!!!
Please take the MSF course (don't know if it's available in Japan, but something should be, maybe on base)
Anyway, my $0.02 worth!
Welcome & ride safe!
Post often.
bear

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The Dynas are good all around bikes. Not in the RK class whenit comes to long rides but they make up for it in other areas. For the price, they are hard to beat. Dare I ask where the user name came from? (I know the rest of yall wanted to ask)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Pro's
It's a Big Twin
It's an A engine
It's carbureted

Possibly the easiest and less expensive platform to maintain in the long run.

Con's
It's not a FXR
It's not a FLT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt

thanks everyone, sounds like this is the bike for me....................ST is a nickname i have for my wife from a long time ago, she uses this board also under the same handle so be nice!!!! thanks

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
2Duece
Dyna 's are very nice handling bikes. Probably a great choice for you. The only con i can think of is, if your gonna do lots and lots touring type riding. Then you may wanna think about something else.
and fearnot agreed.

BUT........ I beg to differ.... (ahem....)
:D I have an FXD that I just rode 2 k miles in 2 days. With a stock seat, QD windshield, saddlebags, and appropriate luggage. It was great. They make a decent tourer. We stopped every 150 miles for go juice, leg stretch and such. I'd do it again in a second. Plus, when you hit the twisties, it can do that too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts