V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm a 37 yr old male from the bowels of the midwest. I don't yet have a bike, but am beginning my shopping now for my 40th birthday...probably sooner. I know very little about motorcycles, but DO know that when the time comes to lay down the $$$, I want a large Harley or Harley "type" bike...I know, blasphemous. :D I currently own a 2000 Miata, which has been modified quite a bit...I don't like to leave things "stock"...I suppose there are MANY things that can be done to/for a Harley to make each one unique. I'm coming here to learn about the bike, and what can be done to the bike. If I ask dumb questions, throw a rock or something at me, but please don't aim for my head...if projectiles are hurled in my direction, they must be followed by a cold beer. :D

If you're curious about my Miata, clique --> HEREA....not many pictures right now, as the site recently crashed and I haven't re-uploaded all of my pics.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum,Dweezil!

No need to worry about rocks being thrown atcha for asking dumb questions,we prefer metal folding chairs! Really!!!

Seriously,you've come to the right place to ask questions,this forum is filled with many experienced,knowledgable people.

Who was it that said there are no stupid questions.....

Looking forward to your posts.
guido

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome aboard Dweezil. I don't think you need to worry about any rocks being thrown here. I once had a 95 Miata. Of all the cars I have owned the Miata was the funest to drive. This may be kind of stupid but it had the most comfortable seats. The only problem with the car is that it was way underpowered.:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys...thanks for the warm welcome. :)

FATVETTE....my car doesn't do too bad for a normally aspirated engine, but my friends turbocharged Miata is insanely fast! I drove his car at the last Divisional autocross, my neck hurt for a couple of days! lol

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Boy oh boy! Wait till Ralph see's your sig line! LOL!

Welcome to the forum !

Hey, what's up with the corn?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Well, how did I do?

highrider said:
Welcome aboard: Get a pad and pencil (photographic memory works best) and keep a tab on the huge selection you have ahead of you, but first ask yourself some basic questions to see if you truly are ready for this.

1. How does your significant other feel about it ( if relationship already rocky this may or maynot help.) ...she'll get over it in time....
2. Do you like beer or champagne? beer. champagne makes me gassy
3. Do crowds make you nervous ( especially drunk and topless) ...depends on who's drunk and who's topless...
4. If you could have any color ya wanted would your first choice be black?as long as I can flame it
5. Would you get a gift for your mother in law or a new set of chrome foot pegs? I would talk HER into buying me new chrome footpegs.
6. Do you like your bugs battered or raw. bug tar tar for me please.
7. Who was Peter Fonda? Did he die?
8. Do you like making friends in low places? My friends can't get much lower than they are now!
9.How many times can you call in sick to work? I'm the boss, I come and go as I please!
10. If it walks like duck, talks like a duck , how do you buy a duck? Why would I want a duck in the first place? Now, if it were a manatee...

I know this will be tough but you need to know the basics.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
7. Who was Peter Fonda? .........Did he die?

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!

Bla HAhahahaDidHeDieDOT HA!

Great response to, Who WAS Peter Fonda.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woo hoo! Now all I need is a BIKE. :D I will now officially remove my cyber training wheels, and begin posting in the other "grown up" HD Forums. See you there!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
2. Do you like beer or champagne? beer. champagne makes me gassy

Hell, what does'nt make ME gassy?
:D

Welcome aboard, Dweez.......................

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
How do you post a quote in the replies? I copied it but tried to insert it after clicking "quote" but it would'nt let me paste it in that quote box?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
fourhour said:
How do you post a quote in the replies? I copied it but tried to insert it after clicking "quote" but it would'nt let me paste it in that quote box?

Just hit the "quote" button and it will copy over the text in the new reply window.....Just use your delete button (without erasing any of the [tags] to select your quote highlights.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Just hit the "quote" button and it will copy over the text in the new reply window.....Just use your delete button (without erasing any of the [tags] to select your quote highlights.

Giving this a try. Probably wont work. Tried copy and paste in the message field. Could you spell it out a little better if the quotes don't appear in the message? TIA, :Dennis

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
fourhour said:

Giving this a try. Probably wont work. Tried copy and paste in the message field. Could you spell it out a little better if the quotes don't appear in the message? TIA, :Dennis

J U S T H I T T H E Q U O T E B U T T O N.

How's that?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
WHEN?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
fourhour said:
fourhour,

First thing. Instead of clicking reply click on quote (in the particular message frame you wish to quote from). You'll next see a reply window with the quotation encloised in HTML tags.

wyo

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
wyodude said:

fourhour,

First thing. Instead of clicking reply click on quote (in the particular message frame you wish to quote from). You'll next see a reply window with the quotation encloised in HTML tags.

wyo
Hey wyodude, Franks alot! That was freakin' easier then pulling rooster teeth! Yukyukyuk:p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, anyone remember me? The newbie...I'm actually an old newbie now. The bike purchase is lingering right around the corner. 3-6 months tops. So, help educate me...I'm interested in either the Vrod, or a Dyna Low Rider...kind of leaning toward the latter. What to look for, pros/cons, etc...of both bikes. One of the reasons for purchasing a bike (other than to form a whole new circle of friends) is the challenge of modifying it and making it "mine". It would appear to me that I have more options available if I go the Dyna route...plus, it's a little less $$$ than the rod. I've been to countless Harley shops asking questions and kicking tires, but I would really like some unbiased opinions on each bike.

Ladies, which would more likely trip your trigger...a good lookin' guy on a vrod, or a good lookin' guy on a Dyna? :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts