V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea why but it crept into my mind and I remember building these as a kid. Looked it up and found it. These things are espensive now. I remember building this stuff in the 60's. For those who were around, still got one, show us a picture.

http://www.ratfink.org/race/index.html

·
harleys_n_laddertrucks
1,013 Posts
Built 3 or 4 of the kits when I was a teenager. I have pics of them but don't have the modles any more.......Dang...if I only knew then what I know now....#@SasF#

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
This one isn't a Rat Fink car but it came out about the same time...I built it...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man I forgot about the red baron, built one also. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I wish I still had the ones I built.
Rat Fink cars,The Red Baron,Boot Hill Express,Rommel's Rod,The Beer Wagon,Munsters Coach & Dragula just to name a few.
I remember seeing some of the real cars at the Roadster Show too.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Y2K said:
I wish I still had the ones I built.
Rat Fink cars,The Red Baron,Boot Hill Express,Rommel's Rod,The Beer Wagon,Munsters Coach & Dragula just to name a few.
I remember seeing some of the real cars at the Roadster Show too.

Damn...I built all of those too...and just about all the famous drag cars of the day...remember these:

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
Build one? Yes, and I still have it! One of the few items that was saved from my pellet gun and firecrackers.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Damn...I built all of those too...and just about all the famous drag cars of the day...remember these:
Yup,I built so many of those in the '60's I can't remember them all.
Used to go to the drags all the time,had a script to Hot Rod mag when I was just 13 years old.:yes:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hid Hot Rod in my desk drawer along with Mad Magazine so when I had to do homework I would shut my door and read hot rod and dream. I remember when Garlit's came out with his wild new rear engine dragster and Smokey Yunick and Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins (his 327 chevy II) as well. And as stated I also remember blowing all my models up as well with firecrakers for total destruction.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
GrampsWyatt said:
And as stated I also remember blowing all my models up as well with firecrakers for total destruction.
I also used to take my dads propane torch and heat 'em up so I could smash 'em into something and it looked just like a crashed car...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts