V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking about having it shipped over next summer, then flying over with the OL for a little vacation. Not really interested in organized tours much, as I think we are going to go it alone, once we are there.

Anyone have any idea of the costs?

Pros/Cons??

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
May want to check with Lufthansa Cargo, they had a thing where they had a limited number of seats on the cargo planes and you could fly with the bike which made it very convenient. All you had to do is drain the fuel and disconnect the battery, but you needed someone in Frankfurt to bring you a can of fuel.
About $800.00 for the bike each way.

This was before all the new security things though so they may no longer have it.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Where in Europe?

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hippo.

Jimmy, I am flexible, but I was thinking maybe Geneva. It is a major airline hub, as I understand it and my wife has many relatives in Switzerland (and lived there as a child). Looks like a good place to kick off a thru through that region.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Working in The Industry, I know that large shipments from Europe tend to go through Gatwick or Schippol. ( Britan or Holland)

You can get anywhere from either.

Geneva is not that large.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts