V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
This is what I do!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a 4 day trip to Faaker Am See, Austria, near the italian and slovenian borders. Around 950 mile round trip. Crossing the alps was intense, as you can see from the pics there was already snow at that altitude. Once over the alps it was beautiful weather. Still cant get over some people, Ultra classics and road kings on the back of trailers from people who are not even as far as we were. The fun for me is the experience of the ride to and back from the rally not the rally so much itself. IMOP the rallies are all the same, vendors, bands, and beer. But it was fun. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
joshuae said:
The fun for me is the experience of the ride to and back from the rally not the rally so much itself. IMOP the rallies are all the same, vendors, bands, and beer. But it was fun. Hope you enjoy the pics.

I agree with you, i like more the travel, is the true experience.
And the Alpes are an amazing place to travel

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Beautiful pictures. I agree about trailering. I've seen guys trailer their bike 15 miles, take them off and ride 1/4 mile to go to a show.

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
Beautiful pictures. I agree about trailering. I've seen guys trailer their bike 15 miles, take them off and ride 1/4 mile to go to a show.
Tell me you're kidding?!?!? I can see maybe 150 miles if you have physical problems or something, but if you can ride a 1/4 mile you can ride 15 for goodness sakes!

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Regarding the pictures above I just have to comment on the beer glasses. Dang! Those Europeans know what a glass a beer should be! :beer4u:

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
ike1518 said:
Tell me you're kidding?!?!? I can see maybe 150 miles if you have physical problems or something, but if you can ride a 1/4 mile you can ride 15 for goodness sakes!

I wish I were kidding.

I saw these dudes at the local dealer's bike show with some ''choppers''. In talking with them I asked where they were from. When they told me I laughed because they didn't realize I saw them take their bikes off the trailer at the gas station right down the street.

Word quickly srpread at the show about these dorks.

·
This is what I do!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats exactly what i think everytime at one of these rallys when i see one of those extravagant choppers. i can respect the work put into them but for the most part you cant travel more than 100 miles on one without either breaking your back or something breaking on the bike. have you ever seen a biker build-off where atleast one:chopper: didnt break down on the way to the event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts