V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I know this question has been asked many times, I have been reading every post and everything that google comes up with.
I know it's the engine temp sensor, I also know it is supposed to be on the back side of the front cylinder
Tonight I pulled the horn off to see, but I really can't see what people are talking about?
I read you need a thin deep socket to pull it out but, I have no idea where it is? Lol does anyone have a photo I can see?
It would really help and be appreciated.... and yes I know I have many on the usual answers " buy a manual" but I am in Thailand and that will take months... I think it might just be loos wiring... it ran very well the other day for about 60km then I hit a Siries of bumps and it started to sputter right away then stalled when I cam to the first stop.

Thanks in advance for any info with photos you can send

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fella, I didnt think of checking that. Im assuming its #13 but not sure, from the posts I read said had to use a socket to remove?

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
See #15 in this LINK . The incorrect link has been updated to point to the correct parts manual page. The temperature sensor is part of the "Water pump with thermostat page.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
#15 looks to be a terminal (plug) for crankshaft position sensor
Thanks for pointing out my bad page reference. #15 is the correct reference on the proper page. See original post for correction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent that is exactly what I was looking for. I did find it yesterday but the connection seems fine and tight.
I did however find a white wire in the harness that was bare..I repaired that and will try again.
If it acts up again I gues i will have to change that out.

Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts