V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Road King 2002 TSSM pn# 68922-00. FOB has a button (Early style Security system).

I can't seem to enter a new pin. The TSSM seems to have lost the original pin I entered some years ago and all attempts to enter a new one fail.
Below is a copy of the first page of entering a pin.. I fail at step 6. All goes well until Step 6 then there is no response to key presses. Responses to steps 1-5 as expected.
Step 6 is where I am supposed to enter a new pin.
The table below is from the 2002 Electrical Diagnostics manual.

Any thoughts?
Font Material property Parallel Monochrome Document

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Road King 2002 TSSM pn# 68922-00. FOB has a button (Early style Security system).

I can't seem to enter a new pin. The TSSM seems to have lost the original pin I entered some years ago and all attempts to enter a new one fail.
Below is a copy of the first page of entering a pin.. I fail at step 6. All goes well until Step 6 then there is no response to key presses. Responses to steps 1-5 as expected.
Step 6 is where I am supposed to enter a new pin.
The table below is from the 2002 Electrical Diagnostics manual.

Any thoughts?
View attachment 271711
Not sure if you have resolved your dilemma on resetting the alarm on your bike. Just wanted to ask before I share my 2004 and now 2008 Ultra experiences with the factory alarm features. Also it helps to KNOW ALL the variables that are available with even upgrading what you already have.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still working on the problem. Have a new/used TSSM from E-Bay and am wrestling with the install procedures. Hopefully it will fix my little problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still working on the problem. Have a new/used TSSM from E-Bay and am wrestling with the install procedures. Hopefully it will fix my little problem.
Getting another Turn Signal Security Module won't do you any good unless the person selling it let you have the 5 number code they programed it to or if they left the FACTORY CODE 31313 which is what ALL Harley TSSM and HFSM Modules come with. Both Modules look alike in the fact they have the extra plug for the antenna but are different in part numbers and they use a different FOB. TSSM-Turn Signal Security Module is referred to as a FOB and a Hands Free Security Module is called Keyless FOB. They arm automatically when you walk a few feet away from the bike. I did take my 08 ULTRA to Harley Dealer to get my HFSM reprogramed to what 5 Digit Number I gave them to install. I used my ZIP code then changed it later my self because I knew the CODE. Always has to be 5 digits. Also I installed several Piezo's-110 decibel each for $8.00 in the factory plug for the alarm sound or you can buy the Harley factory Piezo for $ 80.00. Hope this help you get it going and like I said there is a lot to do with the alarm system form sensitivity programming to the alarm sound which In the Harley world everything as to what your alarm does is a option when the bike is bought. I have several friends that have just the Keyless Fob alarm but no audible because that is a option.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2002 Road King is the sick bike

Got and installed a "new to me" TSSM from E-Bay (68922-00D). Marrying procedure (TSSM to ECM) went as planned and bike is running with the new one. Normal functions all work. Still have not tried to add a pin yet, I ran out of battery so I have to let it charge up overnight

As long as a FOB is at hand there is no problem with displaying and updating the pin number. Procedure is in the owners manual but I question its validity.

Security system was installed on the bike some time after purchase. It replaced the tsm with a TSSM 68922-00. This tssm was replaced by 68922-00D which is now failing. I assume the "D" was just a minor upgrade and should work as per the owners manual but I have found more than a few differences in the procedures posted by well meaning forum members. A lot of them do not realize there is a big difference in the earlier security modules and the newer button-less ones. The owner manual procedure has you punching buttons on the fob occasionally.

I am at a point where I do not know which procedures are the correct ones to follow to add/Change the new/existing pin. Like I say I have been offered 1/2 dozen versions. I guess I will start with the ones on the owners manual abd keep trying others until I find one that works.

Thanks for all the support/suggestions I should know by tomorrow if I have my problem fixed.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002 Road King is the sick bike

Got and installed a "new to me" TSSM from E-Bay (68922-00D). Marrying procedure (TSSM to ECM) went as planned and bike is running with the new one. Normal functions all work. Still have not tried to add a pin yet, I ran out of battery so I have to let it charge up overnight

As long as a FOB is at hand there is no problem with displaying and updating the pin number. Procedure is in the owners manual but I question its validity.

Security system was installed on the bike some time after purchase. It replaced the tsm with a TSSM 68922-00. This tssm was replaced by 68922-00D which is now failing. I assume the "D" was just a minor upgrade and should work as per the owners manual but I have found more than a few differences in the procedures posted by well meaning forum members. A lot of them do not realize there is a big difference in the earlier security modules and the newer button-less ones. The owner manual procedure has you punching buttons on the fob occasionally.

I am at a point where I do not know which procedures are the correct ones to follow to add/Change the new/existing pin. Like I say I have been offered 1/2 dozen versions. I guess I will start with the ones on the owners manual abd keep trying others until I find one that works.

Thanks for all the support/suggestions I should know by tomorrow if I have my problem fixed.

Regards,

John
Hay John You nailed it.. Use your owner-operations manual that came with the bike to change your SECURITY CODE. Glad your new TSSM worked and I would also think it came with the FOB that was programed to the TSSM or you would not have been able to start the bike. Having the KEY FOB makes it unnecessary to know what the TSSM was programed to because you now have access into your system to change it. Your year bike up to 2007 had KEY FOB and 08 and newer are ALL KEYLESS or Hands Free. Just remember with a active TSSM -turn signal security module if the battery in the FOB goes dead-carry a spare or you loose your fob you have to know your 5 number code and how to override the alarm to get it started where ever you are like Sturgis maybe. Shout out how you get er done...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.