V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of the Guru’s could help me. I am experiencing a bad stutter at low rpm with popping at the exhaust. It happens from idle to about 3000rpm and then clears.
I feel it the most in second and third gear while cruising at 2500-3000rpm.
Almost feels like the timing is off, but this is a 95” TC.

I put some new plugs and the bike ran good for about5-10miles then started to act up. I pulled the plugs when I got home after about 15-20 miles and the front plug was white with some very light coloring and the rear plug was all black. The rear plug was not wet or oily in any way, just dark and dry.

I switched the plugs around and took it around the block. I pulled the plugs and the rear that was the front had now turned brown in that short trip, and the front plug was starting to clean.

Help……….. What could this be?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want to thank everyone for the replys. The gas is freash. I have also tried different plug wires and coil all known to be good.

If anyone has other ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ragnar said:
More information would really help. Is the bike EFI or carb'd? Are you using a Power Commander, SERT, or aftermarket ignition? Do you know what the plugs looked like when the bike was running well?

Ragnar

This is a 95” build with SE performance heads, SE forged pistons (10:5) SE 6200rpm ignition with 10 degree retard, 258 cams and a Rivera 42mm side draft kit.

The plugs before looked good, just a little on the rich side. Just strange how there is such a huge difference between the two plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.