V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first Harley Davidson 2006 Road King Classic. Put on Vance and Hines turndowns and a Vance and Hines fuel pack with SE air filter. At about 3000 miles I noticed a slight ticking sound somewhere in the engine. It seems to be getting worse now at about 6100 miles. It is only slightly noticeable when idleing and about the same when I pull back the throttle. It becomes more noticeable when cruising a slower rpm. I am afraid to take it back to the HD shop because they told me with the pipes and fuel pack I would void my warranty. Can someone help.

Todd Ethier
Clearwater, FL

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
first, if it's just a "slight ticking" as you describe it, consider yourself in the lucky crowd. Most of em sound like a sewing machine on steroids getting ready to come apart! OK, maybe not that bad, but they can be pretty noisey.

Second, find a different dealer, this one has already lied to you about something pretty important, YOUR WARRANTY! Are you ever really gonna trust him after that?!?

Your warranty is not voided! In order for the dealer to void your warranty, they would have to prove any problems are the result of the changes YOU made. It's Federal Law, read about it here:
http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

1 - 2 of 2 Posts