V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I have an 02 FLHTCUI, Vance & Hines Big Shots Long Part Number 17915, SE Air Cleaner, Stage 1 ECM, and a PC III USB. I installed map 807-178 and trimmed the aft (#1) cylinder to +5%. I also added 20% in the 0% column to reduce decel popping. As advertised, when I turned on the ignition switch, the security light came on and went out after 4 seconds. When I moved the stop/run switch to run, the engine light came on and went out after four seconds, the fuel pump primed………….and then the engine light came on again……and went out after six seconds. I ran the TSSM diagnostics. There were no historical codes, nor were there any current codes. Bike started fine, and ran great. Plenty of power, and just a touch rich like I want. No decel popping. The same thing happened during the next power up.

Any idea why my engine light comes on and goes out a second time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check engine light

I've had trouble with my check engine light twice. The first time, I had a loose spark plug wire. The bike was running fine, the wire was just not clipped onto the plug all the way. The bike must of detected a slight miss. The second time I disconnected the battery but forgot to turn the silent alarm off. Both times the dealer was able to do a reset. Not sure if it will help??

·
Banned
48 Posts
hdgeezerglide said:
Hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I have an 02 FLHTCUI, Vance & Hines Big Shots Long Part Number 17915, SE Air Cleaner, Stage 1 ECM, and a PC III USB. I installed map 807-178 and trimmed the aft (#1) cylinder to +5%. I also added 20% in the 0% column to reduce decel popping. As advertised, when I turned on the ignition switch, the security light came on and went out after 4 seconds. When I moved the stop/run switch to run, the engine light came on and went out after four seconds, the fuel pump primed………….and then the engine light came on again……and went out after six seconds. I ran the TSSM diagnostics. There were no historical codes, nor were there any current codes. Bike started fine, and ran great. Plenty of power, and just a touch rich like I want. No decel popping. The same thing happened during the next power up.

Any idea why my engine light comes on and goes out a second time?
You state that you ran TSSM diagnostics. Did you also check the "P" codes? When you enter Speedo Diagnostics, you have "S" for Security, "SP" speedo, "T" Tach and "P" for powertreain or engine codes. By your post, you only checked the Security codes and nothing else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts