1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Looks like a good idea but it seems a little pricey. It states......

"The Heat Deflectors can be easily removed for the ease of
cleaning your motorcycle or on a ride when you didn't
bring your chaps. "

The chaps comment is confusing. Is that saying you need chaps with these things or if you wear chaps that you don't need them on?

:confused:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
brwk said:
The chaps comment is confusing. Is that saying you need chaps with these things or if you wear chaps that you don't need them on?

:confused:
...yea, I sent an email asking for clarification, will post when/if reply gets back.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
I met the guy in Raleigh that makes these. He was out at a few events trying to sell them and quite a few people that I know that bought them have been very satisfied with them.

I can vouch that they do look very clean when installed and the quality is nice. I do not know how well they work though. I asked one guy I know that has an Ultra and he says that they work very well.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Kinda think the statement indicates the chaps are suppose to provide heat protection, the same as the shields supposedly do!!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Broken Spoke,

I'm not sure where he is from. I did a lookup of his name on Anywho and with the Area code of 910 it comes back as Wilmington.

The reverse lookup of the number listed on the web page did not find any results. It could be his cell phone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think that's a buddy of mine, he's here in Raleigh, he and another guy are doing this together. I'll call and ask him tomorrow maybe I can get him to come to the forum...... I think he has them on his Road King and his Fat Boy, but I don't think he's put them on his Bad Boy yet..

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
NCFatBoy,

Your right, there are two of them that are doing this together. I have seen them a couple of times up at Scooters and Rays. He gave me a business card back in the fall and I have misplaced is somewhere.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...well he sure doesn't answer email.

·
Registered
575 Posts
JockeyShift,

How often do you get to Raleigh? I was at Scooters with him Sunday evening. Three of us rode in at 5:30pm, it was 40-45 degrees... NO bikes there at all... just us three.... :)

Hogg831,

I'll call him tomorrow morning.... He's not the one you're emailing... but I should be able to get an answer, probably won't post the answer until late tomorrow night, supposed to be sunny and 65-70 here tomorrow!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
NCFatBoy said:
JockeyShift,

Hogg831,

I'll call him tomorrow morning.... He's not the one you're emailing... but I should be able to get an answer, probably won't post the answer until late tomorrow night, supposed to be sunny and 65-70 here tomorrow!
:cool: Thanks

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
NCFatBoy said:
JockeyShift,

How often do you get to Raleigh? I was at Scooters with him Sunday evening. Three of us rode in at 5:30pm, it was 40-45 degrees... NO bikes there at all... just us three.... :)
I am usually there on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights. I don't get up there too often on Sundays, as I have been giving lessons to new riders preparing them for the MSF course.

Yep, It's true, there are a not too many people that ride when it's (what they say) cold - and let the sun go down and every body turns in early and goes home and gets the car. It's not like the old days anymore. :rolleyes:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Snapped a picture of these on the Ultra that I was talking about earlier. The line in this picture is just a shadow.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
The other side.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just got him on the phone, the reason the "or on a ride when you didn't
bring your chaps. " text is related to the easy removal for cleaning. Easy removal in case you ride without your chaps, the sun goes down and it gets cold, you can easily remove them and get the heat back.

He's still on his way back home, I'll hook him up with the forum when he gets back.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
NCFatBoy........

Thanks for your effort!!!! Now I understand. :D

Looks like it's time to really consider these things.

Brian

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Thanks for hotdoggin' this for us NCFatBoy! Great feedback, definately a product has potential.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts