V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if anyone has the Mustache Engine Guards and how comfortable they are. I am 6’2” and just wanted to know if the foot position on these is too high.
I am wanted to put an engine guard on so I can have a place to put my feet and stretch out a bit on long rides and I an undecided on the guards that you add pegs to or save some $$$ and get the mustache guards, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barry

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hey Barry...I have them on my Fatboy and for me being 6' tall they are ok.For you at 6'2" they will be better.They are just a tad high but may work for you.I bought them cause they look great and I plan on putting pegs on them down low.Hope this helped you.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
barrygreen said:
I just wanted to know if anyone has the Mustache Engine Guards and how comfortable they are. I am 6’2” and just wanted to know if the foot position on these is too high.
I am wanted to put an engine guard on so I can have a place to put my feet and stretch out a bit on long rides and I an undecided on the guards that you add pegs to or save some $$$ and get the mustache guards, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barry
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to foot position. What's "just right" for one person may be too high for you. The only way you can be sure is to find someone with the exact same bike as yours with the bar installed and test it for yourself. I prefer the regular HD guard because you have so many peg options. With the adjustable pegs you can experiment until you find that "just right" position.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I like the idea of an engine guard because it keeps the bike from tipping too far over. It stopped my bike once when the kick stand was not engaged properly. However, the HD guard is ugly in my opinion... had to go.

In looking at highway pegs and other options like the Lindby and mustache bars, then happened on the Kuryakyn Ergo-Guard. The pegs are built into them and are fully retractable by swinging them back towards the bike. The pivot of the peg is also adjustable to some degree. You can put your feet on them in either the open or closed position and they give the bike a sleeker, meaner look.

Click my link to see pictures of them installed on my RK Custom.

Their site is: http://www.kuryakyn.com

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
6'3" here and I have the mustache guard. The foot position was a bit high, so I added some pegs about mid way down and it works wonderfully. I like the look of the mustache guard.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I like the Lindby bar on mine. although I'm not as tall as yourself. 5' 8" but my legs seem to sit fairly straight when I use them, so they might work out better for someone of your hieght. here's a pic. Lindby makes ones like the kuryakin mentioned with the pegs that flip out on the sides.

·
onemorethatsit
69 Posts
I have it my heritage I think it looks nice but at 5'11'' they seem a little high and with big feet I seem to close to the shifter brake, so I ended up with a pair of adjustable pegs halfway down on the bars.
JP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts