V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike down last night at a moderate (30 mph) speed. The bike hit the curb and I got a little road rash on arm. I got up and picked the bike up and all that seemed to be messed up was a mirror, clutch lever and engine guard. Well this am took engine guard off and noticed that the center mount is out a little. So my question is does that mean the frame is bent? I am going to try to get it to hd today and see what they say. It rode home fine with no noise or tracking issues. I am supposed to be leaving tues for a 3k plus trip. Any info is appreciated, also there is no crack or stress marks anywhere. Only powder coating that came off was on bottom.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
As far as HD is concerned...that IS a BENT FRAME.
There are many bikes out there running that way.
HD's only remedy is to replace because if it's bent back into shape...it's actually bending twice.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It does not take much of a hit to break the top mount, you could get someone to weld it. The dealer will not do that for Ins. liability and will tale you a new frame is needed.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If the tab that is welded in place up top is just bent a bit and there are no cracks in the metal, you are most likely ok.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine got bent back, welded and painted. Can't see it, but the title is a Salvage Bike. Ins companies call any part of the frame that is bent, totaled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts