V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my silver painted cam, transmission and primary cover on my 2003 FXSTI to the polished aluminum covers found on some dynas and the new standard heritage softail. Does anyone know if the primary covers, cam and transmission covers for 2000+ TC88 and TC88B engines are compatible. Almost all of the aluminum covers on ebay are from dynas and I am not sure they fit even though they look the same. I am thinking that many have upgraded to chrome and the aluminum covers will be a bargain in comparison. Polished aluminum should look a lot better than the painted silver. Any info will be much appreciated.

I have broken the budget on drag bars, stage 1 with propipe, badlander seat and countless small accessories.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
well the the primarys are different so look up the part number

here is a flt # 60664-99
here is a dyna 60663-01
here is a softail 60721-99a

All od these are silver/ polished

Cam covers should all work just make sure you get one with out the cam sensor model as rocker boxes are interchanglable as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Where do you find the part numbers? The HD website? I have heard that the aluminum is much harder to keep shiny. I seem to always find time to wash the bike and think the polished aluminum can look pretty nice in contrast to the silver painted engine. THe HD dealer in Frederick, CO had a Steed chopper with aluminum covers that looked real nice. I would have thought that >30K would get you chrome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts