V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name Guy. I'm 57 yrs. old and I bought a 2005 XL883C in march this year. I finally got the Sportster of my dreams( well, it's getting there ! ). I live in Alvin, Texas ( just south of Houston ) and work as an Instrument Tech. for Austin Ind. at one of the chemical plants along the ship channel. I'm married, with two daughters and one NEW grandson ( ain't life grand !!! ). The bike is at Competition Motorcycles in Pearland, Texas going to 1200cc's., 10-1 wiseco pistons, new s.s. 1200 valves (not the darn 7mm ones either !!), porting and polishing the heads, new dual valve springs, Thunder header 2 into 1, Crane ign. sys., Andrews N4 cams, Thunder slide and Yost kits in the stock (rejetted) CV 40, new paint on tank, fenders, and side covers (yellow pearl with red, blue, purple, etc. flames and a wooden cross with I John 3:18 in script below the gas cap {actions speak louder than words}), a custom seat from Bar Enterprizes ( the same people that make the seats for the Boss Hogs !!! ). I'll post some pictures when she's done. I'm a Christian and I love Jesus. He has blessed me so much more than I deserve or can understand. May God Smile on everyone that reads this profile and may you know that the One that made all of this world and everything in it watches over you with Loving eyes every day.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome Guy. sounds like your going to ride with a huge smile on your face when your scoots done.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum my new friend.

Sounds like a great bike.

Enjoy the forum and post up. There is something for everyone here at the Famous VTF.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Congrats on the grandson! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Off to a good start

Hey ya'll,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I'm gonna enjoy this forum. Seems like a whole lot of real knowledgeable folks to bounch some ideas off of. Ride free, ride safe, but ride all you can.:wavey:
crazy frog

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Thanks Froggy.

I almost rode today but the snow pack on my driveway hill was so slippery to get the hog out of the garage. More like to slippery to get the bike back up the hill.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Crazy Frog, welcome from Indiana.

You'll like it here. Good luck with that new ride and enjoy the grandson!

Ray

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch!!

Hey Popeye,
I know about driveways! Once, after (no, In the middle of working a whole bunch of hours) I just got home and decided to put the Sporty in the big garage. I had put it in our little garage while a friend was working on the house. I was so tired that when I was riding up the drive way going between my wife van and my daughter's car, I crashed into my daughter's right front fender, laid the bike over and blew out a tire on her car!!! I ended up buying 2 tires for her car and not riding till I got some rest. I had to get some of the neighborhood gang to help me slide it back far enough to pick it up and get it in the dadgum garage!!!#[email protected] Oh well. Now, I make sure I have ALL my eyes open when I ride- even if it is up the driveway-2$en#e-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts