V-Twin Forum banner

End of EVO Sportster

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Jammin'John 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on this news? End of a classic or time to move on? Personally I’m an old classic guy and hate to see the end of a historic popular brand. And on that note: WTF is an electric Harley, seriously!!

#3 ·
It's the engine that had to go, because of the EU and their stricter standards, it could have lived on here for a few more years.

I was told that the name was dropped because they wanted to present the new wet bikes as entirely new, and not just a rehash of the "old Sportster". And their polling showed that there was still a lot of resistance to water cooled bikes. I think the name comes back sooner than later. And I think they need to stop polling old grey beards who will never buy another Sportster type bike.

#6 ·
Had they put the V-Rod engine in a more standard chassis, that would have been the Sporty replacement and with larger displacement likely the Touring replacement also. Harley missed an opportunity to get ahead of the EPA years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.