V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one rents anything beyond a 6x12. It must be an insurance thing.

There's no way we can squeeze 3 bikes in a 6x12. One bike will have to go in my truck bed. My truck is going to take a beating for bike week.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
oh1deuce said:
No one rents anything beyond a 6x12. It must be an insurance thing.

There's no way we can squeeze 3 bikes in a 6x12. One bike will have to go in my truck bed. My truck is going to take a beating for bike week.
How about renting a box truck?

You could bolt some wheel chocks to the floor, and they have tie down points everywhere.

Then you can beat the sh!t out of a rental truck instead of yours.;)

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Kind of tossed that around, but not much. 3 of us guys going. Trying to take turns driving, and drive straight through. There wouldn't be much of a way to rest in between driving shifts. Some kind of crew cab set up would be cool.

I'm not a fan of cross country skiing......... Even if I'm not the guy in the middle.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Try Absolute Trailer Sales in Inver Grove. I've rented an enclosed car trailer from them before and it wasn't too expensive.

651-454-8650

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would second Absolute in Inver Grove. Don't know how competetive they are but they quoted me $50.00 per day for a 7X12 last summer.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give them a shout tomorrow. A 7x14 might be about the minimum that will work for three bikes. Even that will be tight, with one forward of the other two. The tie down situation could goof it up too......

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Absolute today. $75 a day for a 3 bike set up, but it's 24' long. They wanted an additional $200 fee to set anything smaller up for 3 bikes.

Otherwise, it was $50 a day for a 2 bike set up.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose the weather may be up to that level in a couple of weeks, but I doubt it. It was sub zero here this past weekend.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
24 here now......

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well........ 3 bikes do fit in a 6x12. It worked out to be just about perfect, but I had a lot of help. 2 bikes forward with the fronts angled in, and one bike with it's front in between the butts of the other two.

?prty:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts