V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Have an '01 Softail that squeals very loud when driving in the rain, ONLY when I let off on the throttle. Hosed down the belt and could not duplicate when dry. Dealer could not find the problem.

Last nite the lites went out. Flashers worked and the headlite flashed on and off with the flashers. Dealer does not know the problem. Any body have some ideas on either problem?? Thanks.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I have also heard a whine when riding in the rain but never had a problem and I have 45,000 miles on the bike. I hope your under warrantee for the electrical problem, either way get the service manual.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Belts sometimes squeal when they get dirty, like with the rainwater mixed with oil and all sorts of other stuff. Just clean it with soap and water.

The other thing sounds like a bad ground between the fork and the frame, but it should not necessarily affect the rear lites which you did not mention. Take a long piece of a thick gauge wire and touch it to the fork or headlite housing and the frame or battery negative while the lights are doing the conga and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts