V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got everything for the Cyce Electric upgrade on the Gyna. It was fine until I go to plug the stator/regulator. The male plug (stator) refuses to fit inside the regulator plug. Being they're made of hard plastic, I'm not going to force it and break something. For grins I measured the outside of the stator plug and got .868 X .763. Inside of the regulator plug measures .784 X .664.

So is they're a trick to this or is it supposed to feel like cramming 10 lb of sh!t in a 5 lb bag?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind. Not enough beers involved.

2 beers later I figured out I was trying to install the plug on the stator wires backward. DOH!

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deleted. You fixed it before I finished typing.
Sometimes I get a brain fart. :)

Completed that section. Now to finish wiring and put everything back together.

·
Super Moderator
20,467 Posts
When I used their parts on my TRX it was triangular pins into round holes. Which made me make a phone call.

The answer was to man up and shove the connectors together. The three sided pin in the round hole makes for a tight fit and stops the pins from burning up, which is exactly what was wrong with my original setup.

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that's better than a square peg in a round hole?

·
Registered
794 Posts
i have a bro in law not able to plug in and twist an auto blinker bulb in...he cdnot figure it out for 10 minutes... asked me to do it... he coulnt turn it 180 deg till i showed him...we all had a laugh for years over it...but this was stupidity not a brainfart like u had

1 - 8 of 8 Posts