V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,770 Posts
A volt/ohm meter and a Harley Electrical Diagnostics manual are your best friends right about now.

Sent from here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A volt/ohm meter and a Harley Electrical Diagnostics manual are your best friends right about now.

Sent from here.
Ok great. Thank you
Everything was fine until I blew the 40 amp fuse and after replacing I’m losing power somewhere. Been at it for 3 days already.

·
Super Moderator
21,902 Posts
Without a wiring diagram, this is just an educated guess. But I'm thinking ign switch. It broke and sorted out momentarily as the sprinloaded bits scattered about.

So see if it has power going in, but not coming out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without a wiring diagram, this is just an educated guess. But I'm thinking ign switch. It broke and sorted out momentarily as the sprinloaded bits scattered about.

So see if it has power going in, but not coming out.
I checked that. I have no power going in from harness/ connector. I found a 12v / 30amp relay that has a pos and neg wire going directly to the battery. Also just found 2 exposed wires so I guess I replace relay and go from there…?

·
Super Moderator
21,902 Posts
I checked that. I have no power going in from harness/ connector. I found a 12v / 30amp relay that has a pos and neg wire going directly to the battery. Also just found 2 exposed wires so I guess I replace relay and go from there…?
Relay or circuit breaker? Breaker will have just two connections. If both are going to the battery, then someone has been poking and hoping while making mods to that system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Relay or circuit breaker? Breaker will have just two connections. If both are going to the battery, then someone has been poking and hoping while making mods to that system.
Yep I found a relay going between battery and wiring harness. Definitely not OEM. Going to replace relay tomorrow. Thank you

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Check and verify all fuses.
Do you know what caused the 40A to open? That is not a common situation. We’re you doing something to it to cause the problem?

Sent from a handheld item of convenience

1 - 8 of 8 Posts