V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Anybody have experience wearing an electric vest? Gloves? Chaps? Sox? I am getting a Widder for my birthday. I know that H-D sells one (at 50% more) and I looked at the Gerbing and Chilli brands. Widder seems to have a more complete line of stuff that all works together. I liked the idea of a vest/liner over a jacket because a jacket might have air pockets that let the warmth out. Anyway I'm committed to the Widder with the electronic controller so my mind is made up but I haven't heard any personal experiecnces. Whatdaya think?

Ride Safe,
Holden

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I wore an electric Cap once but the Governor called at 11:59 and I got a reprieve.

Bla HahahahhahhahhaSorryButItIsFridayYaKnow? HA!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, I have a Gerbings jacket liner, comes with arms, unlike the widder, and thier gloves, very very warm, have used it in temps in the low 20's and been very comfortable. From what I have heard Gerbings far outdoes the Widder stuff.
Gary
02 FLHTCUI

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Electric Vest.

Holden,

Widder's electric vest and gloves were my choice to wear during the winter for 5 years. the wiring finally broke with in the vest and gloves, so I went to Gerbings and I think that their gloves are superior in the heat out put.
However, The vest that Widder manufautures is a good choice to use.
Wear it colse to the skin, BUT NOT against the skin.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'preciate the input. BTW the widder has sleeves that attach to the vest giving you the option of sleeves or the vest alone. Widder also offers chaps. I think Gerbing has sox but widder doesn't offer sox. Pros and cons. Hope the quality of the Widder is good and they hold up ok.

Death to bugs

Holden

1 - 5 of 5 Posts