V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a quick search and couldn't find an answer, so i apologize in advance is this has already been beaten to death...

how do electric/heated gloves do when it comes to keeping fingertips warm?? i can usually keep my hands warm in the colder weather, but my fingertips get cold - especially on my right hand. i already have a problem gripping too hard with my right hand and cutting off circulation to my fingers - i'm working on improving (loosening) my grip. anyway, i'd hate to invest in a pair of gloves only to find outhey don't actually keep the fingertips very warm.

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
for heated gloves I've been looking at the gerbing gloves. HD heated gloves I was told are made by gerbing. they're supposed to be the best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info jms... i've seen the hippo hands before - not sure if i'm sold on those. guess the looks are holding me back for now. i know, i know, functionality before form...

don't have a problem with nicotine or decongestants - don't smoke and rarely take medicine. i'll take a look at the review and see what they say about the different gloves out there...

·
03 FLHTCUI
375 Posts
I have the H-D heated gloves, and they work very well for me. ~!Awesome! I had to buy the thermostat, as your hands can get to warm and sweat. Makes the gloves hard to get off and on (those pesky gas stops). Down to about 20 degrees, I run the thermostat at about 1/2.

Ride Safe.
Walt

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Gerbing makes HD heated gloves and the price is better, Widder is another good brand...both will keep you toasty much better than them funny lookin' hippogrips and heated grips only keep the inside of your hand warm on really cold days no matter the glove (might work with the hippo thingy's) but avoid the heated liners if you can...they're a hassle to use though there is nothing wrong with the way they work.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Heated gloves work extremely well. I just plug my Widder gloves into my battery tender socket coming from the battery.

The ONLY place I am cold when I ride is my fingertips. Torso, legs, arms, head (helmet/turtle fur balaclava), etc. are fine in cold temps. But my fingertips would hurt. Problem solved with the heated gloves.

·
Out Riding
70 Posts
I've got Gerbing heated gloves and no problems keeping fingertips warm. My coldest riding has been about 30 degrees and the thermostat was set at just under halfway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great!!! looks like the heated gloves will solve or at least help with the problem of my cold fingertips... also sounds like i should look at getting a thermostat to help control the heat.

appreciate everyone's feedback...

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Gerbing gloves and jacket liner was my first purchase, then last winter I got the pants liner. I will be getting the socks sometime this winter. I rode comfortably in 3 AM 13 deg weather last year.:Banadance

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I have the HD heated gloves and they work fine in cold weather. Be sure to wear plenty of layers around your torso as the body will reduce the amount of blood going to the extremities if the torso gets too cool. That's a big reason for cold fingers and toes.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
I am interested in this also so I ran some numbers. Couldn't find any Harley Heated Socks. Looks like Harley Heated stuff may be the way to go if it's made by Gerbing anyway.

Heated Motorcycle Clothes
Gerbing
Gloves $169.00 G3 Gloves
Jacket Liner $199.00
Pants Liner $199.00
Socks $59.00 High Heated Socks
Total $626.00

Harley
Gloves $165.00
Jacket Liner $220.00
Pants Liner $165.00
Socks $ ???
Total $550.00

I'm curious if you can by Harley Stuff and add the Gerbing socks. If it will all work together. Anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Gerbing gloves also & like them a lot. One thing to realize is that they are not waterproof. I found this out while riding through Yellowstone in light snow/sleet - not a fun ride with wet hands.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
mwike said:
I have the Gerbing gloves also & like them a lot. One thing to realize is that they are not waterproof. I found this out while riding through Yellowstone in light snow/sleet - not a fun ride with wet hands.
Thanks for this post. This is key information that I'll play closer attention to. You would think with the wiring that waterproof would be automatic.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
I am interested in this also so I ran some numbers. Couldn't find any Harley Heated Socks. Looks like Harley Heated stuff may be the way to go if it's made by Gerbing anyway.

Heated Motorcycle Clothes
Gerbing
Gloves $169.00 G3 Gloves
Jacket Liner $199.00
Pants Liner $199.00
Socks $59.00 High Heated Socks
Total $626.00

Harley
Gloves $165.00
Jacket Liner $220.00
Pants Liner $165.00
Socks $ ???
Total $550.00

I'm curious if you can by Harley Stuff and add the Gerbing socks. If it will all work together. Anyone tried this yet?
The Gerbing G3 gloves are a step up from the regular Gerbings/HD gloves.

Yes, the Gerbing/HD stuff is the same and compatable. BTW, you forgot to add in a thermostat.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
xxxflhrci said:
The Gerbing G3 gloves are a step up from the regular Gerbings/HD gloves.

Yes, the Gerbing/HD stuff is the same and compatable. BTW, you forgot to add in a thermostat.
Good point:
Thermostat:
Gerbing- $70
Harley - $59

Harley still winning price wise. Huh! Who woulda thought Harley would ever when price wise! ^rolleyez^

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
$19.95 Bass Pro Shops.

They are thinsulate and run on a D battery (lasts about 6 hours). They may not work as well as other gloves, but they do a good job and the price was right:)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
While the HD gloves may be made by Gerbing, they aren't made to the same specs. Electrically, they may be identicle, but wearability-wise, they aren't the same. I compared them side by side. Ironically, at the store I bought the Gerbings, the Gerbings were considerably less expensive. ($20 difference or so for the gloves, all I have). Shop around.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
RiverRat said:
$19.95 Bass Pro Shops.

They are thinsulate and run on a D battery (lasts about 6 hours). They may not work as well as other gloves, but they do a good job and the price was right:)
Might be a good solution for the socks too, but I like my Gerbing gloves...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts