V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones take on the windshield bag for the Electra Glides? Worth the $? Enough room? Does it block your vision? Also has anyone see any other options than the three pocket model from HD? I just want it for sunglasses, garage door opener, and an I Pass. Thanks..

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Brother has one on his which has 3 pockets and loves it. Stores cell phone, sunglasses, etc. with no problem. Actually was riding one day when I called him and heard the phone ring. He says it does not interfere with his vision.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I've got the HD three pouch on mine. I used to have that single boxy HD pouch and that sucker vibrated like crazy.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I'll 2nd timbo plus the single one is just too big. Looks out of place. JMHO.

·
Still alive
546 Posts
I have the triple and love it. I can throw lots of "junk" into it like the cell phone, glasses, some money etc. Only problem I had was a vibration issue so I just put some soft side velcro on the bottom and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got the three pocket. I wasn't sure if I'd like the way it looked or if I'd really use it (wife got it for me for Christmas), but after putting it on I really like it. Holds stuff in a convenient spot. I also had some vibration on the left side of it, but I gently bend that side down a little and it was able to sit flush on the inside fairing & stopped. Doesn't block my vision at all (but I'm 6'2"). Very pleased. It's one of those convenience things that you don't realize you really need until you get it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I got the 3 pouch on mine and really like it also. You can keep keys, sunglasses, earplugs, condums, cell, a little cash. Pretty handy!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyones response. I'm new to the forum and really appreciate everyones input... :thanks:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
did you guys put anything, like clear plastic, on the inside of the windshield to protect it from being scratched by the pouch?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have that same problem with chafing on the inside windshield. I used double sided tape on the bottom to keep the 3 pockets from vibrating and highly recommend the 3 pouch holder. I am in the process of choosing a dark smoked 7" windscreen to replace it but need to find a solution before I mount it and it gets marred as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
As others have said, the 3 pocket HD bag is very useful. Try sticking a few of those small padded circles normally used for preventing chairs from scatching floors to minimize vibration and windshield scratches. Call Benj's HD for 20% savings.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Me too.....the three pocket. Wouldn't have it up there except that I had to have some place to put my iPod!:whistle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts