V-Twin Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1860 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had the SE cam plate installed with new shoes and high volume oil pump. Seems odd to see 15lbs pressure at idle. When the original shoes were observed, there was no inner shoe left and the outer shoe was paper thin and a price broken off. 43267 smiles just so some of my Brothers know of the potential problems in store for them. Could be quite expensive replacing an engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 Eglide looking to upgrade radio

Anyone know how to get Bluetooth capabilities without losing CB radio?.....I contacted some radio shops and they can install nice radio but they state I will lose my CB function. Will a 2018 Harley Davidson radio work for 2007 EGlide ultra classic?......Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last month I bought a Blue & White 2015 Ultra Classic Low, 18K miles, mint condition ($15,500). Wow!
I'm learning my way around the display (still can't scroll up and down the USB (70's Rock) but the 'find' button is a start. It has an oil cooler but in Tucson heat is always a worry. At 185... ish the bike goes into limp mode (or when I rotate the throttle forward). I was looking for a dipstick temp gauge but $149 is just silly. I think I'll swing by Walmart for a kitchen thermometer. Anyway, 54 years on 2 wheels. Howdy to all.

How's this picture thing work?

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Last month I bought a Blue & White 2015 Ultra Classic Low, 18K miles, mint condition ($15,500). Wow!
I'm learning my way around the display (still can't scroll up and down the USB (70's Rock) but the 'find' button is a start. It has an oil cooler but in Tucson heat is always a worry. At 185... ish the bike goes into limp mode (or when I rotate the throttle forward). I was looking for a dipstick temp gauge but $149 is just silly. I think I'll swing by Walmart for a kitchen thermometer. Anyway, 54 years on 2 wheels. Howdy to all.

How's this picture thing work?
Forget the dipstick temp gauge as it is hard to see while riding. The accuracy is questionable digital or otherwise. Try the pic again.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Yeah, my Walmart thermometer works fine. 105 degrees out and my oil temp is only 120.
Well I have one on my bike, but it was in the hole when I bought it. It is good for the approximate temp in the garage before I start it. Luckily you have a drrrryyy heat and 105 only feels like 100.😁

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Have any of you guys put a center stand on your EG I’m thinking about it had them on classics from 1999-2017 they work good and I see they have automatic ones now .

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Have any of you guys put a center stand on your EG I’m thinking about it had them on classics from 1999-2017 they work good and I see they have automatic ones now .
Maybe someone has a link for one. I have only seen one in person. The rest were in pictures on fukbook classifieds.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
There are two automatic versions aimed at people with disabilities or low leg strength. There is also a "manual" electric type that you can bolt on if you have an air ride system, you blow out the air in the shocks and lower down to this little stand that a motor deploys. Really pretty cool and I may get one for the cool factor but kind of pricey for a farkle. DirtyWorks air ride sells the latter version (among others), I can't remember about the former stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well...Santa brought me a new headlight and passing lamps for Xmas. Woohoo! That was high on my list.

The next thing on my list is an oil cooler for my 2004 UC with 95" big bore kit and 50-amp charging system that I ride in Calif. where it frequently gets 100-115* and even hotter on the blacktop. It gets HOT here...f**kin' hot! Cook eggs on the sidewalk hot.

I've search the topics and discovered the latest posts and threads on the topic of oil coolers is 3-years old. I was wondering if the members had any recommendations they could share and hoped for explanations as to why? Plates, tubes, turbulence vs.flow, mounting positions (under frame, tube mounted types, in front of or over VR?), fan-assist or no, highway speeds vs. traffic effectiveness, ease of installation, can you also mount an inline temp. gauge, etc. I believe these to be the major things to consider. Your thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
There is an excellent thread called 'engine cooling with jug fans.' It is a good read and you will see differing opinions on the merits of oil cooling vs fans.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
removed side rails wrap aound the saddel bags

I like the look of the wrap around side rails removed from my Electra Glide but dislike the two holes that I see on the bar left in front of the bags.
Has anyone found a mod they like to plug them?

1841 - 1860 of 1860 Posts