V-Twin Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1883 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't figure out why there are not any entries in the past few years??? There are still many who ride Electra Glides, so where have they all gone ??? Hope to hear from some of you soon. Ride safe now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After selling my 2007 Hertage Softail 2 years ago. I just picked up a 2018 Ultra Classic Limited Legend Blue and Black Anniversary Today. All I can say is wow! Now I need to change my signature picture.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
After selling my 2007 Hertage Softail 2 years ago. I just picked up a 2018 Ultra Classic Limited Legend Blue and Black Anniversary Today. All I can say is wow! Now I need to change my signature picture.
Nice bike.... Congrats.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Inspect at 20K. Change is whenever they're worn or you feel like it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Is the procedure for inspecting the cam chain tensioner well documented on this thread? Or will I need to purchase a service manual?

I have 30K on the ticker right now. I'm sure there's other things I should check as well.

Advice is appreciated!

2009 classic.

·
Premium Member
14,495 Posts
Congratulations on a great bike.
Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
3,205 Posts
Is the procedure for inspecting the cam chain tensioner well documented on this thread? Or will I need to purchase a service manual?

I have 30K on the ticker right now. I'm sure there's other things I should check as well.

Advice is appreciated!

2009 classic.
You have the upgraded hydraulic tensioners.They can generally go beyond 60,000 miles and still not need replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ho yall, been looking for some info on voltage regulators. Harley vs aftermarket. Harley is proud of those sukrs at 250 a pop. I was thinking about pricing one from excel or maybe j&p.
I've scrolled thru a crapton of pages looking for something about regulators, alas, no luck

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Ho yall, been looking for some info on voltage regulators. Harley vs aftermarket. Harley is proud of those sukrs at 250 a pop. I was thinking about pricing one from excel or maybe j&p.
I've scrolled thru a crapton of pages looking for something about regulators, alas, no luck
Cycle Electric has a good reputation for quality product

·
Registered
124 Posts
2017 Ultra Limited, went to hook up the leads for my heated gear, and dang, that battery is way buried under a bunch of stuff. Is there any other place for a good hot lead for the power? (The gear cable is a coax plug, I don't have an adapter to the flat plug for the Battery Tender.)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Should be an accessory socket under there somewhere, but it will be a different connector than what you have as well. Many of the heated gear manufacturers have an option cable that plugs into the tender connection, no splicing required. Might be worth looking and ordering just to keep things easy.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
2017 Ultra Limited, went to hook up the leads for my heated gear, and dang, that battery is way buried under a bunch of stuff. Is there any other place for a good hot lead for the power? (The gear cable is a coax plug, I don't have an adapter to the flat plug for the Battery Tender.)
Your 2017 should already have a tend lead attached That works fine
Use it on mine for heat gear. Making an adapter is not hard.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just wanted to get it done, so dug deeper with better lighting and direct hooked the coax lead to the battery. Been riding to work almost everyday, soooo nice to be plugged in. Then when I change locations, just plug in and get warm! Working outside pays a bunch better, but I am too old to be cold.

·
Registered
129 Posts
have finally retired now i just need to head out and do some exploring. anyone near by and that would be vestavia Hills, al. want to do some day riding? i have this site with rides selected for alabama.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't figure out why there are not any entries in the past few years??? There are still many who ride Electra Glides, so where have they all gone ??? Hope to hear from some of you soon. Ride safe now.
I'm still riding my 01 EG. Got idle issues now however so I'm going to replace the TPS. Other than that it runs pretty good but I still have upgrades to do. It's not THE bike I really want but will do for now. I've had it a few years now and it's a nice ride but I'm more into old school things.

I'm looking for an older EG with the shovel head motor. I've been a mechanic my entire life and do all of my own work so there's more tinkering involved at times but that old school sound and vintage look is what I like. I bought the 01 as it was a good deal.

I've upgraded the tensioners and gaskets, seals, shifter seal, rocker lockers, etc. Motor is very quiet now after the rocker lockers. Before it was quite noisy. Anyway Harley's are fun to work on as well as to ride. The magneti marrelli system is easy to work on regardless of what others say. It's just like a car with the same parts.

I'll ride it for another year or so until I find my shovel bike. I want a carb and points they work just fine I don't need all this fancy computer crap. It's efficient and clean but I'm after something else on my bike. I'm sutectheres others out there I haven't been here in awhile I'm in way too many groups...

Nick

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yesterday, I was riding home after work, on my 04 Ultra Classic, and I had to stop and take a picture. Will post if I can remember how, later. Anyhow, hit 100,000 miles, and still running great!

1821 - 1840 of 1883 Posts