V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2000 Electra Glide Classic and have a question about the radio. I was given the owner's manual when I purchased the bike and have also bought the shop manual but there is one detail that I can't find.

The radio has a small plug on the front panel covered with a small rubber cap. It appears to be the same size as headphone (mini) jack but I don't think that's what it is... Does anyone know what this jack is for or does anyone have the owners manual for the radio that can look it up for me?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
COOPERG,
Yes, this is an external input for an audio device such as an MP3 player or a cd player. They both work real well when plugged in. Harley offers a users guide for the radio, I think it's 10 or 15 bucks. You can go to radio shack and get a double male cable to attach to your external device.

·
Registered
903 Posts
MP3 player is handy if you want CD quality sound. I tried a portable cd player with it and it skipped many times.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Does anyone know if the 03 Electra Glide has an auxilary jack in the radio/cd player to plug in a walkman or an mp3 player?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes it does - if you look under the cd tray to the far right there is a rubber plug "aux".

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a $20 Bluetooth dongle that plugs into my Aux input. The device is paired to my cell phone, allowing me to play music while carrying the phone in my pocket.
Do you have a link where I can find this since it apparently works with the HD radio Aux plug? I'm tired of wires going up to my windshield pouch where I keep my phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts