V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock 2006 fxstbi and i just installed a kerker 2into 1 exhaust system , i still have the stock air cleaner on it and was wondering if it would hurt anything to ride it like this until my pcIII comes in. i ordered one yesterday but wont get it till sometime next week, then will install it and my se air cleaner. hope this doesnt sound like a silly question, but this is my first h/d and dont want to do anything stupid just because its a nice day for rideing. as always thanks in advance for any and all help. jeff

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
padoos said:
i have a stock 2006 fxstbi and i just installed a kerker 2into 1 exhaust system , i still have the stock air cleaner on it and was wondering if it would hurt anything to ride it like this until my pcIII comes in. i ordered one yesterday but wont get it till sometime next week, then will install it and my se air cleaner. hope this doesnt sound like a silly question, but this is my first h/d and dont want to do anything stupid just because its a nice day for rideing. as always thanks in advance for any and all help. jeff
You should be OK as long as you wait to do the A/C until you install the PCIII.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I'd keep the rides limited to short hops. It's getting hot down there and you are running a little more lean than usual.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
I agree, keep it short. Your bike will be running hotter than usual since you are flowing more out the bike than you will be taking in. I'd just be patient and then enjoy it when you are done.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the info, i think i am just gonna wait a couple of days for the pc III to come in,hopefully it wont kill me. jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts