V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Night Train with a Powercommander PCIIIr. I bought that about a week after I bought my bike in 03 when I put the pipes, and SE air cleaner kit. Well I just recently did, a high compression 95in. build w/ heads, cams, the whole deal. Now i'm wondering if I should ditch the PCIIIr. If I keep it I need to get the stage 1 flash ($150) to bump up my rev limiter ( My PCIIIr is a non USB so I can't get the rev x-tend ) and then I need to pay about $200-250 for dyno time to tune it in. That's about $350-400 plus the $300 I already shelled out for the PCIIIr in the first place. At this juncture Is there a better alternitive then my current setup. I've been looking at the DTT TCFI II and other similiar units. Does anybody have any suggestions as to which direction I should go???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Holeshot said:
I have a 2003 Night Train with a Powercommander PCIIIr. I bought that about a week after I bought my bike in 03 when I put the pipes, and SE air cleaner kit. Well I just recently did, a high compression 95in. build w/ heads, cams, the whole deal. Now i'm wondering if I should ditch the PCIIIr. If I keep it I need to get the stage 1 flash ($150) to bump up my rev limiter ( My PCIIIr is a non USB so I can't get the rev x-tend ) and then I need to pay about $200-250 for dyno time to tune it in. That's about $350-400 plus the $300 I already shelled out for the PCIIIr in the first place. At this juncture Is there a better alternitive then my current setup. I've been looking at the DTT TCFI II and other similiar units. Does anybody have any suggestions as to which direction I should go???
I'm suprised that the people that did the build did not also put a Stage II reflash in after the build. Look at your reciept and check if they did. Should have been listed as a 1550 Stage2 Cartridge. That's what they did when I had my Ultra done. Personally I would chuck the PCIII and go with something like the DTT or Terry TVII closed loop system. Do a search in this section or in the Engine Mod's section theres a world of information. I just installed the Terry TVII on my ride and although I have had a chance to put any miles on it, it seems to be working just great, except for a little idleing problem. But that may clear up after some mile. Plus I just installed new Wild Pig slipons so it may need a little time to adjust. Plus after you spend time mapping and dickin' around with trying to get everything set-up to optimum plus money on the Dyno when you could just let it tune itself in a closed-loop system while your riding, you would be money ahead and also much happier riding instead of mapping, Just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts