V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am researching my next project on my bike, which will be a Screamin Eagle air intake and 2 into 1 pipes. I'm going for more power at moderate volume.

Anyway, my XL is a 2007 so it has EFI. Assuming I buy one of the many non-HD 2 into 1s out there, what do I need to do about the EFI? I was looking at Power Commander but for the Sportster there are a range of RPM & Throttle settings that it cannot override. Thunder Max just seemed like a lot of money for someone who isn't fine tuning his bike. Do 2 into 1 manufacturers provide maps I can take to an HD dealership to have them just remap the bike?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It's just the "EX" model that won't let you make changes in the 0-30% throttle and 500-4500 rpm cells. With the regular III USB model you can change anything you want.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
murphdog said:
It's just the "EX" model that won't let you make changes in the 0-30% throttle and 500-4500 rpm cells. With the regular III USB model you can change anything you want.
Cool! Thanks a lot!

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JohnBoy1 said:
Was my bike that inspiring? Just kiddin:roflback: I have the same setup you want with the scremin eagle ac and powercommander 3 with 2-1.
Hey dude, no need for :roflback: - you've got a cool bike. :wootdnc:

I've been planning to go to Stage 1 next spring for a while now. My buddy talked me into 2-1 pipes. He wishes he had gone that route with his Softtail. I really like the looks of yours. Too bad they don't work with forward controls. I like forward controls too much to go back to mid controls.

I'm not looking for loud. From what I've read I'm leaning towards D&D Fat Cat or Cobra Speedster Slashdowns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts