V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with tools from the MoCo to troubleshoot EFI engines?

My service manual lists two:
1. Digital Technician HD p/n 44750. A computer based tool.
2. Scanalyzer HD p/n 41325 plus cables and cartridges I guess they are different for the various engines.

Are there any tuning capabilities in these tools, or just displaying, clearing codes and reading sensor values?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
As far as I know their only tuning capabilities are that they allow you to upload the stage flash cartridges.

Obviously you could use the laptop that is part of the digital technician to tune if you loaded the EFI tuner software into it.
Also if you have the EFI tuner software loaded into your personal laptop the data mode gives you much the same capabilities as the digital technician at home. This is a very valuable part of the tuner that is overlooked by almost all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EFI Tuner software? Is that the Power Commander? I have done this kind of stuff in a car with a PC, but the PC was sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Run the Screaming Eagle EFI Tuner cable from the right side ECM connector up under the seat and to your laptop either in the tourpak or strapped on the back seat to run the data collection on the road. The only difference to the car is the laptop is behind you instead of next to you when you collect data. You don't need to see it. I have experimented with 20 foot cables so I can get the laptop outside the dyno room also but you can'ta lways get a dyno when you want one. The software only tunes to 6500 RPM so it isn't going to work for a V-Rod. Wait til next year for Vrod.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EFI Tuner? Do they have a web page?
My Dealer would not sell the Digital Technician HD p/n 44750. or Scanalyzer HD p/n 41325 plus cables and cartridges.
For dealers only

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its Screaming Eagle EFI Tuner by HD. Your dealer will sell it to you but have them throw in a couple hours of dyno time. If they don't have a dyno buy it from a dealer who does.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

Dyno?
You would think that a $4mill plus dealer would have one! :confused:
Manchester/UK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts