V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
You shouldn't lambast someone for asking a question or starting a new thread. It was covered before but it wasn't the be all and end all answer.If the Edelbrock numbers given are accurate it's a pretty good output for only 10.25:1 compression. The fuel injection maps for various pipes takes a lot of guess work out of tuning and you don't need a:xhere: dyno

joepenoso

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a '97 Big Dog. 80" with Edelbrock heads. I just had it on the dyno and have 74 HP and 76 torque. Not what the web site is showing but much better than 80" stock. I have a thunderheader and S&S with a k&N filter. The cam is pretty mild but I don't remember what it is.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for your views!
I think most of the unknown opinion was regarding the new twin cam D port heads with the high lift Crane cams and matching pistons.

joepenoso

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lbarbish -- i am a sales rep for Edelbrock. The Edelbrock heads on your 1997 Big Dog are Evo Performer heads with stock size valves. On an 80 inch motor with a good cam choice and a perfect state of tune I would only expect 80-83 hp from that combination. As you mentioned you don't know what cam is in your bike. That alone could explain your power output, also how many miles are on this bike?

The Performer head was a mild upgrade head for 80 inch bikes. The Performer RPM Evo and Twin Cam heads use larger valves with CNC Porting. 1.94" intakes and 1.625" exhausts.

If i can answer any questions please let me know. John

·
Registered
34 Posts
PowersportsMkt said:
Lbarbish -- i am a sales rep for Edelbrock. The Edelbrock heads on your 1997 Big Dog are Evo Performer heads with stock size valves. On an 80 inch motor with a good cam choice and a perfect state of tune I would only expect 80-83 hp from that combination. As you mentioned you don't know what cam is in your bike. That alone could explain your power output, also how many miles are on this bike?

The Performer head was a mild upgrade head for 80 inch bikes. The Performer RPM Evo and Twin Cam heads use larger valves with CNC Porting. 1.94" intakes and 1.625" exhausts.

If i can answer any questions please let me know. John
Just the guy I am looking for.
We are looking for a billet intake (with engraved logo) to use on a 96 softail with Edelbrock Performer heads and a Quicksilver II carb.
Can you ship to Sweden?
Thank you

·
Registered
219 Posts
PowersportsMkt said:

If i can answer any questions please let me know. John[/QUOTE
John, is there anyway to buy the heads seperate of the package?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.