V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thinking about top end work on my 03 RK ... anyone got any thoughts or experience with the edelbrock power pkgs? the pkgs include heads,pistons
(95"), and cams. i have a pcIII and stage one kit installed so i should be able to dial in the efi ok. its alittle pricey from edelbrock $2500, but have seen them on e-bay for alot less. just looking for some input....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops my bad! your right no jugs, thanks.....branch is also another option,they take my heads and exchange them for reworked ones or do mine any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Branch?

Branch flowmetrics is one of the best out there. However, they strongly focus on mid to top end power. You might look to Head Quarters for the stump pullin' torque your 'King needs.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I looked at the Edelbrock stuff at one point and found the Harley stuff to be cheaper. I know there are some that arent big fans of the Harley parts but I am pleased with mine. I bought my stuff this time last year many dealers have big sales in the off season. I got mine at 20% off plus I bought them in NH where there is no sales tax. Just something to think about. Plus there was a guy at the counter when I bought all of the stuff that filled me in on a few things I didnt know about. Service is important and an often over looked part of a purchase especially when you are a do it yourselfer. Another nice thing was they offered to press any bearings etc....... even though I didnt need the help.
I would also really think about what you want out of your build and your riding style. I found over time that I really wanted low end pull, which has more to do with torque then horse power. Most of my riding is from 35 to 65 so top end power would be a waste. Think about it. Nothing sucks more then replacing parts because you bought the wrong ones.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
You can do much better for less than Edelbrock or Branch. One of our sponsers, GMR Performance or Big Boyz will do you right Give them a call.

Myself, I'm all about S.E. parts, no complaints, all smiles.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Yeah, you really need to talk to HDWRENCH with GMR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts