V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thinking about top end work on my 03 RK ... anyone got any thoughts or experience with the edelbrock power pkgs? the pkgs include heads,pistons
(95"), and cams. i have a pcIII and stage one kit installed so i should be able to dial in the efi ok. its alittle pricey from edelbrock $2500, but have seen them on e-bay for alot less. just looking for some input....

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I looked at the Edelbrock stuff at one point and found the Harley stuff to be cheaper. I know there are some that arent big fans of the Harley parts but I am pleased with mine. I bought my stuff this time last year many dealers have big sales in the off season. I got mine at 20% off plus I bought them in NH where there is no sales tax. Just something to think about. Plus there was a guy at the counter when I bought all of the stuff that filled me in on a few things I didnt know about. Service is important and an often over looked part of a purchase especially when you are a do it yourselfer. Another nice thing was they offered to press any bearings etc....... even though I didnt need the help.
I would also really think about what you want out of your build and your riding style. I found over time that I really wanted low end pull, which has more to do with torque then horse power. Most of my riding is from 35 to 65 so top end power would be a waste. Think about it. Nothing sucks more then replacing parts because you bought the wrong ones.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
You can do much better for less than Edelbrock or Branch. One of our sponsers, GMR Performance or Big Boyz will do you right Give them a call.

Myself, I'm all about S.E. parts, no complaints, all smiles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.