V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 S.E. 203 cam big bore kit, #29775-02 that was purchased new in 03 but never installed that came with my 03 RG. I have read lots of post's on the subject of 95 kits. I did not receive the 203 cam's that came with the kit. I have read nothing about the ECM recalibration module? This is Harley part #32849-02, list price $149.95 that also came with 95 kit. Raises the RPM from 5500 to 6200. Is this module not required? Somone told me it can only be used once? Owner installed the SE breather from the kit, installed a SE 2-1 pro pipe, and had a PC III installed. Don't know what happened to the cam's. I would really like to know about the ECM recalibration module?
thanks, steve

·
Registered
487 Posts
the cartrige can only be used 1 time

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nowadays the Dealer can zap your ECM with their fancy Toughbook laptop and then H-D bills them for it.. therefore saving the cartridge packaging etc.
Yes, the cartridge can only be used once.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Since you have the PCIII, I wouldn't even worry about the module. The PC will take care of everything other than raising the rev limiter, and IMHO, the latteris of dubious value anyway.

Ragnar

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
The flash is a good thing to have in case your PCIII fails that extra 400 rpm is pure top end horsepower.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when I bought this RG I originally planned on selling this 95 kit. Listed it on Ebay but did not meet my reserve price. After joining VTF and reading up on 95 kits makes me reconsider and think about intalling it on my RG. This was a complete SE kit with the 203 cams but did not receive cams. I am wondering if the original owner might have had them installed and was going to install the cylinders at a later date. Is there an easy way to tell if the 203 cams have been installed? The original owner works out of the country and I have not had any luck contacting him. Bike was purchased new at Stubbs in Houston.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sking said:
when I bought this RG I originally planned on selling this 95 kit. Listed it on Ebay but did not meet my reserve price. After joining VTF and reading up on 95 kits makes me reconsider and think about intalling it on my RG. This was a complete SE kit with the 203 cams but did not receive cams. I am wondering if the original owner might have had them installed and was going to install the cylinders at a later date. Is there an easy way to tell if the 203 cams have been installed? The original owner works out of the country and I have not had any luck contacting him. Bike was purchased new at Stubbs in Houston.
Just a wild assed guess but if the guy bought the bike a Stubbs there's a chance he had it serviced there. You could ask to see the service records (if they exist).

·
Registered
365 Posts
csoday said:
The flash is a good thing to have in case your PCIII fails that extra 400 rpm is pure top end horsepower.
Agreed, plus the fact that you would be falling back to an updated ECU not the lean tuned original one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply's..wyodude, don't know what kind of luck you have talking to dealers where your at but around here if they are not making any money from ya they seem to be a bit short on info, let alone the correctness of the advice/info given, but yes, that's probably worth a try, ..thanks

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
.I went to the dealer where my bike was originally purchased gave them my VIN # and they printed out a sheet that showed everything that had been done to my bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts