V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can see the all-chrome chopper for someone who has a sexual attraction to the shiny stuff. But the big trike? Why does it exist? You can't even haul your lunch on it and it probably steers like a big hunk of crap.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
The Chopper's not as origional as the guy likes to think...

I knew a guy in Houston that had done that very same thing to a fatboy. Only the seat, belt, and tires were not chromed.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
That trike was pretty advanced for 1900.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Personally I don't care for either. The chrome looks good but the styling doesn't. Too small of a front wheel, not enough rake. Three wheeler ... well I suppose someone will want it.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
The Trike would be completely unrideable, and with no rear fenders, Illegal to ride in my state.

And the Choppa, well, it would seems the owner has the illness know as 'Chromeasexuality".:ymca: :hystria: :whatever:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Jeffytune said:
The Trike would be completely unrideable, and with no rear fenders, Illegal to ride in my state.

And the Choppa, well, it would seems the owner has the illness know as 'Chromeasexuality".:ymca: :hystria: :whatever:
most states have a weight limit for vehicles without fenders. In Ca, it is $1500. I remember guys going to the scales to weigh bucket Ts that had little tiny wheels, low windshield, 1 rear view, no step - totally stripped. with a 1/2 gas can for a tank you could just get one with a chevy small block and aluminum 4 sp or aluminum powerglide to just go under 1500 lbs. If you took that weight ticket down with you to the DMV, it was classed as a vehicle that needed no fenders. Then you put the seats, mirrors, big windshield, chrome turnbuckles, front brakes, real radiator and then boxed the frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts