1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If that pic of the speedo is from the bike that is up for auction, I believe the mileage advertised is incorrect.
Tenths of miles should only be displayed when pressing the trip odometer button on the left hand side of the dash console. Unless of course we are seeing the trip odometer reading in the picture and it has never been reset. What are the odds of that?

At any rate, buyer beware. One way to clarify would be to hit the "ask seller a question" button.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
nice bike dont get me wrong, but does look a little too used for 5k miles...If interested seriously,get better pics. Bikes are kind of like cars and can tell mileage just by looking at certain parts. Brake lever scuffs,rear brake pedal pad wear,tires, brake pad wear, seat use, and grips as well...just trying too look out for ya.....

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
road_king said:
If that pic of the speedo is from the bike that is up for auction, I believe the mileage advertised is incorrect.
Tenths of miles should only be displayed when pressing the trip odometer button on the left hand side of the dash console. Unless of course we are seeing the trip odometer reading in the picture and it has never been reset. What are the odds of that?

At any rate, buyer beware. One way to clarify would be to hit the "ask seller a question" button.
Not sure how it was in 95 but my 98 shows tenths at all times. I think that changed with newer bikes. Mine also only has one trip odometer while the newer bikes have two. So it could be correct (the display anyhow)

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I can't remember cause my bikes in pieces right now but I'm sure my speedo had a 1/10th's space on it. I'm almost positive, but then my memory ain't what it used to be either.....hehehehe:huh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts