1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have an 05 Roadking Classic. I just thought the Buy It Now price was a bit low. Just Curious.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I think its a scam, possible hijacked account. Consider these points:

1) All his past feedback is for small items like service manuals, no bikes
2) He didn't list the full VIN number
3) He has two police bikes up for sale with the same price
4) He wants cash or a wire transfer only (i.e. untraceable and unrecoverable). No cashiers checks, or money orders or paypal. Yet all his previous auctions said he prefered paypal and accepted cashiers checks/money orders.

The fact he wants cash or wire transfer only is a huge red flag to me. I'd stay away from this auction.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Seems like a pretty good price. I found he sold another Police Road King in his feedback (4586116440) - I don't think it's a scammer. PayPal will charge an extra 3% over the sale, cashier's checks can also be forged...

Having bought my bike all ebay all I can say is that I'll never do it again. The guy who dropped off my bike says I got lucky, he sees a lot of unhappy buyers. I've also sold two bikes on ebay and wasn't too comfortable accepting a cashier's check for the first bike, second bike the guy showed up and paid cash. IMHO, it's not worth the risk to buy something this expensive online.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sent him a message. Tell him you would like to talk to him over the phone, and ask for his phone number. Also ask for the VIN.

An honest seller should have no problems providing both.

FWIW, I've bought 2 Road Glides off of eBay; a 1999 and my current 2003. However, I completed both sales after the auction ended by dealing directly with the seller.

The 99 I had shipped from Seattle, and I picked up the 2003 in Arizona after inspecting it...

Good Luck
Dan

·
Registered
260 Posts
price: US $13,995.00

This is what these are going for locally. Two of my friends purchased their 2005's with less than 1K miles for around that price. They are usually only used for officer funerals during the summer months, then traded in before winter. I'm sure the taxpayers take any loss encountered. Right now the local dealer has a few of these for sale.

A starting bid of $10,000 with a "Reserbe not met" means nothing. Reserve might be $13,000, or such.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
According to Kelly Blue Book, the Buy It Now price is about right. Also the price we see around here for Police bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts