V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
01 FXDXT / 75 FLH
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the reason for this site not allowing eBay links is because members that are interested in the merchandise receive no special consideration in purchasing the merchandise. But what if the seller states in his classified post & the auction that if the auction is won by a VTF Forum member, shipping free or some discounted price or something like that. I know of many folks that have sold countless items on eBay very cheap that maybe someone here could have used the part and won the auction with ease. Because of this no eBay link rule members may miss out on many deals that had they been alerted to, may have purchased on ebay.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
....then list it here before it goes on Ebay.

·
Retired
1,836 Posts
If I want to find something on ebay,I know how to find it. I don't think we need ebay links here,except for the funny and stupid chit.
If I wanted to sell a Harley or motorcycle related item,I would give the members here first dibs.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I'm with them! list it here first. It's alot easier here, tell you the truth, listed a few things here that I was gonna put on ebay, did great here and made people I felt like I kinda knew really happy!

PLUS IT'S FREE, DUHHH!!!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
As mentioned, if you want a VTF member to buy it, list it here. If you list on eBay, it's worldwide. Why would you even bother to mention it here if you put it on eBay first?

eBay links are a PITA!

·
01 FXDXT / 75 FLH
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
adlerx said:
I'm with them! list it here first. It's alot easier here, tell you the truth, listed a few things here that I was gonna put on ebay, did great here and made people I felt like I kinda knew really happy!

PLUS IT'S FREE, DUHHH!!!
I've listed items here before putting them on ebay and sold and purchased items to furom members. But if you get no action on the item here and finally list it on ebay what's the harm...I'm just playing devils advocate here...the feedback to the post is interesting but I still see forum members losing out on deals this way....

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Ebay links are not going to stand....that's the established rule. Look, everywhere you go in this life there are things you'll not agree with, evidently this is one of those.

If you want to give a member a deal, post it here...if no one is interested then post it on Ebay. Forum members aren't losing out on anything that way. Everything you post here is not going to be wanted.

Ebay is an auction that by definition drives the price of an item up. How much of a deal are you really giving the members if they have to compete? What happens when an Ebay participant offers a higher price after you agreed to a lower one here (not implying anything, electronic transactions are only as fast as the person using it)?

We avoid the BS by having a simple rule, do not post your Ebay links here. If you want to provide a deal for the membership, post it here for your set amount of time, then Ebay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts