V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, some of you may have noticed a post of mine in the Dyna tech forum. It concerned the factory bobtail fender kit for my FXD. To make an extremely long story short, the stock seat doesn't fit, too short, and the MOCO engineers didn't realize it until a couple weeks ago. Anyhow, I found a seat on EBay that fit a wide glide(which apparently what the bikes' ass end is now with the kit installed)It is a factory custom seat with a retail of around $220. Got it for $61 and it came yesterday new unopened in the box. VERY HAPPY! The seller was C&S Harley in Nashville and they have a lot of stuff on EBay. Just thought I'd enlighten you fellas as to a real good alternative to the dealer. This is the first time I've dealt with them and it was all good. Good luck in your unending quest for more "stuff"!!!!!!!!!
Sign me,
Hooked on EBay :)
Sheepboy
'01 Sportster
'02 Kinda Superglide-kinda Wide Glide

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yeah, I almost never buy anything for the bikes without checkin E-bay first.

This seems to be the latest trend. Lots of parts seem to come new in the box from dealers, and many of the parts advertised as seconds actually have no flaws whatsoever.

Almost looks like dealers and aftermarket companies are trying to get rid of excess inventory without discounting or lowering retail prices.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sheepboy,

I saw your post on another thread pondering if your missus will let you keep your Sporty since you have your new Glide.

Couldn't you just throw a sheep's pelt over it and pretend its just one of the flock?

Seems to me its worth a try ;)

wyodude

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: seat...

Hey Sheepboy,

Your seat is similar to what FifthGear and I are running. We both gottem' on eBay as well. Only took a couple short hops with it on so far but seems pretty comfortable. Gave me the extra leg room I needed. I've gotten alot of spare parts there for the sheet metal mods I have planned for the FXDX. Good deals are to be had!

Later,

Mike

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Yep, that's what I have. No complaints for me although I know it's not the very BEST seat out there. It was a big improvement over the original for me. It was kinda like having a solo but still can carry passenger if neccessary and I love the sleek look. But, my wife doesn't like it when she rides very far with me. I didn't pay much for it so it has been worth it for most of my lone riding. I did just order the Sundowner solo and pillion though. I think the extra width (especially the pillion) will make a difference and I like the looks of the two peice better than the one piece Sundowner. I should have it by mid week so I'll see.

Later,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yessiree....I like the idea of throwing the sheep pelt over the bike. One hitch though. I'll be able to sneak up on it alright.......but I would probably want to remove the baffles in the pipes:eek:
Sheepboy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can just navigate through if you want or just use keywords. Go to EBay motors, then take it from there following the tabs on top and catagories below the heading. Easy once you get the hang of it. I just posted my stock seat on there today and spent an hour trying to get the damn picture on! Next time will be one minute. Us old guys learn slow:)
Enjoy your searching!
Sheepboy

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yea sheepboy,I too must confess to being an e-bay addict,very easy thang to become!

I've bought an item on e-bay from C&S,seem like nice people.

I'd recommend e-bay to all you scooter tramps out there,it helps me past time during these long Maine friggin winters!
guido

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ebay rules!!

I usually stick to key words when looking for a bargain since not everyone puts parts and such under ebay motors or under motorcycle parts and accessories. Picked up a NOS solo seat for the sporty for $25 ...gotta love the ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts