V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That seller on e-Bay is a f^cking looser, and should be shot, and anyone who purchases that bike from him should be buried alive in his grave!

If there is a market (gray market in this instance) and the demand is meet, then this stuff will keep going on!

Do you think a real "Bike Rider" will be purchasing this machine? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I think I must be missing something. Why is someone who advertises something to the highest bidder a f%$& loser? I suppose if you were selling your bike, you would take the average % resale of all makes of motorcycles and apply it your bike?

Lots of motercycle rider other than those who ride Harleys think we all pay way, way too much. Hopefully, i won't be buried alive.... Jeez

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea, Harley riders may pay too much in some peoples's eyes. However, you have to see what you are getting. I don't think Harley's are high prices because they are american bikes.(I can't say the same for Indian) I feel you get what you pay for. Purchase a Porsche, BMW, or Mercedes and you'll see/experience why the prices are higher than other automobile makers. Harley makes a quality product, that has survived many years;however, there is a prestiege that follows with riding a Harley. It follows the same lines of a Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes. Just my .02. J.T.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
gbenner said:
I think I must be missing something. Why is someone who advertises something to the highest bidder a f%$& loser? I suppose if you were selling your bike, you would take the average % resale of all makes of motorcycles and apply it your bike?
This bike was clearly purchased to be re-sold on E-Bay for more money, thus taking a bike away from a prospective buyer of said motorcycle at the dealership.

So, I feel that there is a person out there that is awaiting a bike, wishing to purchase and ride it (check the threads on this forum), vice someone who is just turning a quick buck.

I don't need semantics on "economics", just know people who are awaiting a bike and have to deal with all these people who are selling "new" Harley's on the "grey" market. It is not healthy for the "motor company".

I’m done, and yes I have sold many things on e-Bay (to include some rather pricy Guitars). Just the ramblings of a Sunday afternoon.

Now to go riding for a few hours with the misses…
;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
yeah, seems to ba a problem with many of the new cars as well (neat ones anyway). Either the dealer takes the profit or the aforementioned type buyer does. FWIW, Porsche is insisting all buyers of its new Carerra GT (400K or so ) be offered back to the factory if the buyer wants to sell it (at least that's what is reported). Didn't really affect me though. I guess too many people still have too much money (maybe that's why it pisses so many off).

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I saw something a few weeks back where someone was selling their slot in line to buy a 2003 bike. Not the bike, mid you, but the slot. He stated three times that people WERE NOT purchasing the bike but the opportunity to buy a bike. Bid closed out aroun $12,000. I think I still have the information at home. I'll check and see and if so, post tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Geez, I know a guy who's been in line for three years and just lost his job. Another friend is getting his spot. Just curious. Will HD and/or dealer honor a deal like that?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Supply and demand. Most basic of all economic lessons out there. Harley limits the supply, the demand is outrageous...viola...exorbitant prices. Anybody picked up a Cycle Trader lately? Literally hundreds of used bikes out there. Some also have very high prices. Harley Davidson has become a status symbol for many of the yuppies. "Look at me, I have a Harley." Us poor working class SOB's either pay up or do without. Too bad Harleys aren't like the electronics industry. I remember the first VCR's to hit the market. $1000.00. Saw one in WalMart yesterday for $49.00. Harley Davidson isn't the only motorcycle manufaturer raising prices though. Check 'em out. Everybody is doing it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I understand exactly JFScheck is saying people who buy Harley's to turn around and rape buyers aren't doing anything at all for us.

All this type of low life bastards is doing is encouraging Dealers, who are decent enough not to jacks buyers up over the price and sell at MSRP; to say "Hay why is this SOB taking advantage of me, by buying at MSRP and then making several thousands of dollars because I was nice." So you are the next guy through the door at that Dealer; guess what that Dealer just added the multi-thousand dollar “hated” mark up.

Should they? I mean someone is making money why not the Dealer as apposed to this A-Hole. This is the prime example of why Dealers mark up the prices. This is not good for Harley and the poor guys and gals who work for a living, this type of thing is just driving the prices up so a lot of us can't afford Harley’s. It would be great if this guy’s house burned to the ground with his marked-up Harley in the garage, fried to a crisp.

Oooo, I just can't stand Dealers who mark up, but people like this is even worst.
:mad:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
VA V-Rod said:

All this type of low life bastards is doing is encouraging Dealers, who are decent enough not to jacks buyers up over the price and sell at MSRP; to say "Hay why is this SOB taking advantage of me, by buying at MSRP and then making several thousands of dollars because I was nice." So you are the next guy through the door at that Dealer; guess what that Dealer just added the multi-thousand dollar “hated” mark up.
That's the point, why shouldn't the dealer sell above MSRP and make the extra money if they feel that someone is out there in the "grey" market reselling what they just sold for 2K or more...

I'm off to run to my Dealer to ask for some more 2003 Catalogs to sell on E-Bay ;)

Just kidding of course :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
fourhour said:
Geez, I know a guy who's been in line for three years and just lost his job. Another friend is getting his spot. Just curious. Will HD and/or dealer honor a deal like that?
Sure. The dealer just wants to sell the bike, to whom is secondary to their ability to pay.

wyo

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Thanks wyodude. Have'nt talked much to the guy getting the tag. Great guy but tends to beullshyt a little more than his share when he drinks. BTW, another curiosity here. Just what does your user name mean, if'n of course you choose to share it!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.