V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that ebay's prices were low but not that low. My local dealer offered more on an outright buy-out than ebays closed auction price.

Tim

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
That can happen. Hell, they may even post on Ebay themselves to get them off the floor plan payment program. I used to work for a Hummer dealer that sold used ones on Ebay to make quick sales. Maybe dealers are lowering old inventory the same way

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
There are some really good prices out there, and also a few scams. I watched for several months, and found the bike I wanted. I checked out the seller, and contacted him prior to making a bid. I bought my 2005 Road King Classic off eBay, and couldn't be happier. It was a really good deal, and it turned out really well!:clap:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I bought my 06 Night Rod from eBay. I called the seller and asked him what he wanted to get. He gave me a price and I told him I'd pay it if he'd end the auction. Quick, simple and easy. The hard part was driving five hours to get the bike.

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
I bought my 2003 Deuce off eBay in 2005. I got it for about $2500 less than what I could find one for within a 300 mile radius. It only had 2100 miles on it and was flawless. I had to drive for 8 hours to get it, but, the wife was a real trooper. She knew it was the bike I had always wanted. Some guy had bought the bike for his wife and she scared herself on it. So they traded it in for a Land Rover. So I show up at the dealership in St Louis and theres the bike sitting on the showroom floor. Haven't looked back since. I almost have it paid for so now I'm looking to add a touring type model to the stable. I'm leaning towards the Road King Classsic. I think my ride to Sturgis ths year made me want the touring model even more, but, I don't plan on ever getting rid of the Deuce.

peace--

·
Doof Bag
274 Posts
razorsedge said:
Some guy had bought the bike for his wife and she scared herself on it. So they traded it in for a Land Rover. So I show up at the dealership in St Louis and theres the bike sitting on the showroom floor

peace--
New and used car/truck dealers are great places to score deals on bikes, they usually take them in under market value, and don't get a lot of play on them. After they've looked at them on the floor for about 2 months they're ready to bail out. I got one that way & saved about 3 g's.

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
Metric dealers used to be a great place to get deals when those poor lost souls traded in their Harleys. They did not want the Harleys sitting around their showrooms for very long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts