V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess sturgis is getting two new eatting places. rumor has it, we are getting dairy queen and a pizza ranch. right by the texaco station on the way to deadwood

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Ea'gads, :( more congestion on the southside.

Have you heard if and when the State is going to take the Gypsies Short Track?

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm away!

wrong side......not south side.......west side

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Force of habit,

Thinking I-90 runs east & west anything on that side of the road is south.

Even if it is the west side of town. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
There was an article in my paper about a few restaurants in the Black Hills. I'll post about one every few days. I've only been to one of these so I'll post that one first.

Alpine Inn, Hill City - Located in the historic Harney Peak Hotel, this restaurant specializes in German lunches (great German potato salad) and filet-mignon dinners. The dessert menu offers 30 choices. Very busy.

I totally agree with the potato salad. We thought it was so good we ordered some to go and ate it back at camp!LOL

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Here's a place I've always wanted to try. Has anyone been there?

Firehouse Brewing Company in Rapid City - This brew pub in a 1915 fire station has an extensive, eclectic menu from ribs and ribeye steak to fajitas and fresh fish. Check out the 15 varietiies of beer made there, the freshly baked beer bread and the sinfully rich desserts. Outdoor dining is available in the beer garden. Open Sundays. Live rock bands outside, comedy club inside. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
deb93fxlr said:
Here's a place I've always wanted to try. Has anyone been there?

Firehouse Brewing Company in Rapid City -
The home brew is good but the food isn't great. Decent but not great. Upstairs on weekends in the Brew Ha-Ha comedy club they get good acts on friday and saturday night.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Thanks 95 FXST. They got a good review but ya never know until you try the place out for yourself I guess.

And Fifth.....LOL.......nevermind!:p

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I went to the winter carnival today in Hill City,SD and at the Mangy Moose Saloon they had "Walking Tacos". Didn't get to check them out but it sure got me to wondering.

For the first time last saturday, I ate a Art's BBQ on Main St. Freakin awsome. Who knew there could be good BBQ in SD. Anyway, it's across the street from the Firehouse and is worth checking out. It's buffet style.

Has anybody tried the "Rockin R" on Hwy 79? Has good drive-by appeal but I've never stopped.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I never go through Rapid City without stopping in the Fire House. Absolutely love the place, the service is always good, even during rally season when its busy.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Ok, here is one in Hot Springs in case anyone is going to the rally down there the weekend before Sturgis. The Seven Sisters - this is a new jewel with a vista of seven mountain peaks (hence the name). The cuisine is continental and upscale - elk steak in Jack Daniels sauce, 20 -oz porterhouse steak, fresh creek trout and fettuccine alfredo. The linen tablecloths don't intimate the diners, who show up in shorts and T-shirts. Located next to Mammoth site.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would have to vote for the Alpine too. However, there are lots of really good places in the hills around Hill City, Custer and Spearfish. My old stomping grounds...I sorta miss it... (tear in eye).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts