V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was going to go down and check this out today and was looking forward to it. I only live 15 miles away. I saw lots of bikes on the way. Nice day for a event like this. And then I got there. What a crappy place to have an event like this. $10 to park a bike, Which I didn't pay as I went to a park about half a block away and parked my bike there. When I got to the ticket booth there were around 100 or so people lined up for tickets and the line was not moving at all. They had a few bikes on display outside before the entrance.I was not happy at all and said FUG IT! I am out of here. I don't care for crouds of people like that.(lines that don't move) I decided to take a ride through downtown San Diego to see if anyone was hanging out down there. I guess I was not the only one unhappy with the way this event was going as the streets of downtown were lined with bikes. Every bar had bikes in front of it. Hooters was surrounded by bikes. I stopped and had a cold one and talked to a few guys there and they had been over to the event and left it just like I had. There are plenty of places for events like this in San Diego but the Convention Center is not a good choice IMHO. :thumbsdn:

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
You didn't miss much. I got in before the crowds. I also saved the $10 parking fee by parking away from the venue. My buds, who road in got jammed the $10 a bike parking fee. I at least asked them if they took one space per bike cause that was just ridiculous...

The show entrance was $16 and when I got in, there really wasn't much to see. A few vendors here and there. But, none of the vendors were giving deals on anything. Seemed like you could get way better prices, not only on the internet, but even out in town!

A lot of custom choppers that all start to look the same after a while. I would say most of the bikes were the same as last years. There really just wasn't anything new.

A few of the big name bike builder's were there, so if you are into those and into getting autographs and pics of those guys, then I guess it may have been worth the money to go in.

Speaking of being worth the money, one of my friends, who couldn't wait to eat, bought a $7.00 corn dog. He said it was the best corn dog he had ever had... hehe

I went to San Diego's Easy Rider show last year, it was pretty much the same. I also went to Pomona's and it was raining cats and dogs on that day, the turn out was pretty dismal there...

All in all, if you've been to one Easy Rider show, then you've been to them all.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I went to the Easy Riders show in the spring in Portland. It sucked! it was in this huge convention center where there were no other events on this particular weekend, they had this show shoehorned into the tiniest hall in the building. It was so crowded you couldn't move, couldn't get into the vendors, the vendors were all pissed cuz the asiles were made so small poeple couldn't get into their booths. It was rediculous, if I hadn't gotten my tickets free, I would have demanded a refund! I'll not be going back. What the heck, beers were cheap! 24oz cans of miller only $5.50 actually pretty cheap for a big venue like this, I passed on the $4.50 corn dog!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I went to the Easy Riders show in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I expected more but felt it was OK. Definitely not worth any more than $15. We got to park for free.

It would have been nice to see some builder doing something there. Maybe building a bike or finishing one. It used to be you could get discounts when vendors set up at these shows. Not any more although my wife got a nice set of chaps for a good price.

I think we may have reached the saturation point with custom/chopper builders and the whole culture. I mean there were t-shirts there for $20 for some unknown bike makers. Please.

The sunglasses guy was the only guy constantly making change.

It was an OK show but unless they spice it up a bit next year, I don't think I'll go.

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
Good feedback guys, we are planning to be in Galveston, TX next weekend for the Lone Star Rally and possibly going up to Houston on Sunday for the 2nd day of the Easyriders show. Sounds like we will be fine to just stay in Galveston and go back home on Sunday without adding an extra 4-5 hours to the day with a detour to Houston.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I thought ours was a good one!

I went to the one here in Dallas last summer. It was a great day weather wise and I couldn’t believe the number of great bikes in the parking lot. There were cops around to, to keep idiots from touching these bikes and I couldn’t believe that somebody was actually stupid enough to do that. Inside it was definitely crowded and had some bands playing, quite a few vendor and customs and Trotta, Finch, Yaffe and our local Fairless were there. I had to leave early to go do BS with the wife, but the next one I go to I’m telling the drill sergeant I won’t be back home till I’m good and ready to!

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
easyriders show

yeah, we have one coming up in January here at Pomona. I think Easyriders has licensed out the rights to their name to promote this show. I don't think they have to do with any of the BS related with the show...i.e. Parking, Prices etc.etc. Not that it matters any, cause the prices keep going up & up. The beer & food prices are outta site. Begrudgingly, we attend this show year after year. And complain while we down our $7.00 beers. Each year I swear I'm not going again, and end up going anyway, just to see if anyone's (or our own) work we know is in there. Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts