V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoke turn signal lenses look way cool.

Removing the side reflectors cleans things up dramatically.

A smoke tail light with red bulb or LED's would be nice, does anyone make one ?

Any others ?

JMS

·
Registered
906 Posts
The baseplate for the seatback seems like a nice finish to the rear fender and installs in minutes (w/out the seatback of course).

Chrome belt covers install in about 9 minutes :)

Although I haven't tried removing the side reflectors -are they bolted or glued on??

·
Registered
128 Posts
>> Although I haven't tried removing the side reflectors -are they bolted or glued on??

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Front is "glued" on, and the rear reflectors are bolted on. Not hard to remove, just be careful with what you use to pry the front reflectors off. The front forks scratch easily.

I never removed the rear reflectors because I didn't want it to leave holes.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the front and rear on mine are put on with stickey tape. I used a small flat blade screwdriver to gently lift them off.

I may remove the belt guards altogether, unless I plan on having someone on back.

·
Registered
544 Posts
As for quickie and easy mods any of the lick and stick stuff.

Those little chrome discs that fit in the cam ends on the left side of the engine. Or caliper inserts, or even the two-piece that fit over Harley Davidson on the left side. But the last one is a bit pricey. Also the tank bra is easy to install.

Really most mods are fairly easy to install, the hard part is paying for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the tank bra is a great item. The first time I sat on the bike I had a jacket on and my zipper made a clanking sound on the air box cover. After that I said well I need the bra, I ain't scratching this all up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts