V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting 16" apes on my 2001 RK, I was told that I should put an easy clutch on with it, anybody have any feedback?? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
y2kflhr said:
I am going to be putting 16" apes on my 2001 RK, I was told that I should put an easy clutch on with it, anybody have any feedback?? thanks
I put the white bros. easy clutch on my bike 30.00 and the clutch is less than the 06 clutches. Very easy install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if the easy clutch is the one that mounts to the clutch hand control, I put one on the wifes sporty. Very easy to install, just do not try it before it is installed, it will break.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
25604-00A Inner Ramp
25605-00A Outer Ramp

H-D parts, for me it works better than the White Bro's one and you still have all the adjustment in your cable. Less than $20, and no grinding.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
MegaGlide said:
25604-00A Inner Ramp
25605-00A Outer Ramp

H-D parts, for me it works better than the White Bro's one and you still have all the adjustment in your cable. Less than $20, and no grinding.

Don't know about the White Bros kit, other than it requires grinding. The HD ramps were easy and seem to make a big diff. If you buy the reduced effort kit, you get a spring. That was a waste for me since I'm putting in the higher pressure SE spring. Mega's got the part numbers for you for the important parts. You might want to add in a new release cover gasket.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, any advice?? my buddy is sending me parts from tx, he thinks thats all I need, gasket, new ramp, he sent 6" over on throttle, brake, clutch, I ordered wiring kit from novello, looks easy all wires are color coded and pinned on both ends. appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put the White Bros. Easy Clutch on my wife's Dyna. Had to do some grinding to get it to fit. Then it took some playing around to get it adjusted. It grabs a little when the engine is hot and very difficult to get neutral while the bike is stationary. My wife doesn't mind this as the trade off is the easier pull on the clutch.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
cruzyn56 said:
I put the White Bros. Easy Clutch on my wife's Dyna. Had to do some grinding to get it to fit. Then it took some playing around to get it adjusted. It grabs a little when the engine is hot and very difficult to get neutral while the bike is stationary. My wife doesn't mind this as the trade off is the easier pull on the clutch.
I'm having the same problem. Can't get the damn thing adjusted right to save my life. This is the fifth bike I've had one of the White Bros. kits in, I've never run across this before. I'm about to take it out, it's really aggrivating.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
MegaGlide said:
When you take it out, put the H-D ramps in. Almost as light, no dragging. In my '05 FLHTCUI, anyway...
ditto, the HD reduced effort ramps in my 03 Fatboy. Nice pull. Super simple install.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update

got all my parts delivered, started ripping into the project, http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/images/smilies/yikes.gifremoved and replaced tranny cover, everybody said it was a pain 2hr harley laborhttp://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbdown.gif, took my time loosened up the exhaust, and in the new ramps went in, I went with the harley ramps (thanks for those part #'s) next will be rewiring and running brake, and throttle cables. again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
easy pull

I thought about the easy clutch, but I figured a real man didn't need one! Maybe a few wrist curls are in order.

·
Screamin' Beagle
219 Posts
MegaGlide said:
25604-00A Inner Ramp
25605-00A Outer Ramp

Mega,

I take it you did not install the new spring as well? Is it ok to do that?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Yup.
The only reason I installed the ramps was because I put in the heavy duty SE clutch spring to make sure I didn't have any slippage problems after my build, and I didn't like the pull w/ the heavy spring.

Oh, bigdan? Why only wrist curls for us? Left handed self flagellation seems to have worked wonders for you...

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
Don't know about the White Bros kit, other than it requires grinding. The HD ramps were easy and seem to make a big diff. If you buy the reduced effort kit, you get a spring. That was a waste for me since I'm putting in the higher pressure SE spring. Mega's got the part numbers for you for the important parts. You might want to add in a new release cover gasket.
Don't be misleading now...The ez-boy lite clutch MAY require grinding. It is not a defect of the ez-boy, but rather inconsistancies in the castings of the HD parts.

I run the SE heavy duty spring with the ez-boy and the clutch pull is half of what the stock set up was. I installed it myself, had no problems with grinding or setting up the clutch. I love it and recommend it...but like anything, some people have different tastes.

The great thing about it, is you can find them for $20.00 and if you don't like it, you're only out some time (if you do it yourself) and $20...and you could always find someone who will buy it from you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.