V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the thinking that there is a great group here. Would it be possible and enjoyable to hold a East Coast Meet and Greet. I know it would be as always the journey not the destination. So please post views and opinions and if it is even possible. Thank you every one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the thinking that there is a great group here. Would it be possible and enjoyable to hold a East Coast Meet and Greet. I know it would be as always the journey not the destination. So please post views and opinions and if it is even possible. Thank you every one.
Come on mates... Lets talk about this. Possibly a mid point for the us>?

·
Just Sayin'
2,540 Posts
What do you mean "Dyna has to keep up." Hey.......you're the one with the Trike ya old fart.🖕
😁😁😁

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
What do you mean "Dyna has to keep up." Hey.......you're the one with the Trike ya old fart.
Ha ha talk about waking the sleeping giant. I was looking at a 09 Heritage yesterday for 7500. Is that too much? You know I'm a cheap fuk.lol.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well hey every one.... Is meeting up for a few day meet and greet even possible? I am sure some local folks of where ever it could be???, would be able to host and show the fellow riders some epic rides. I know up here in VT and Upstate NY there is some epic riding and great stopping and views. I think that some of the fellow members would love to show off their local riding and epic adventures. Well let us know.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well hey every one.... Is meeting up for a few day meet and greet even possible? I am sure some local folks of where ever it could be???, would be able to host and show the fellow riders some epic rides. I know up here in VT and Upstate NY there is some epic riding and great stopping and views. I think that some of the fellow members would love to show off their local riding and epic adventures. Well let us know.
That would be great if I was close enough to make it. I was planning on a trip like that this summer, didn't work out though. :cry:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Im riding or biking down to Myrtle Bch on the 2nd. Any of you other kids going?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy you a Road Glide Special.

·
Super Moderator
19,503 Posts
The ride is in the getting to the meet. You put down 1500 or so getting there, then its party time. Maybe a little ride to see a local attraction or two. Depending on how sore the heads are in the morning.

Anyone wanting to ramrod something like this should do the base planning first. Take a few interested people and pick a place and then pick a weekend. Once you have it sorted out, then put it out there and see who wants to join in.

If you want to do it this year, then you had best get the first part sorted out asap, you only have 5 or 6 weeks left in the season for the folks up north.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I could show you the Mollie Branch swamp or maybe Wards swamp. There are a lot of revolutionary battle parks inland and a nice ride is down to the Swamp Foxes gravesite in SC. If you don't like that kind of day there is the 5 bar tour at the beach or go on the gin tour in E town not to mention the many vineyard tours around here.

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
Ha ha talk about waking the sleeping giant. I was looking at a 09 Heritage yesterday for 7500. Is that too much? You know I'm a cheap fuk.lol.

For that kind of money you could get a REALLY nice FXR.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,503 Posts
I could show you the Mollie Branch swamp or maybe Wards swamp. There are a lot of revolutionary battle parks inland and a nice ride is down to the Swamp Foxes gravesite in SC. If you don't like that kind of day there is the 5 bar tour at the beach or go on the gin tour in E town not to mention the many vineyard tours around here.

What about Road Houses? You got any dive bars down that way?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We have the Suck Bang Blow with bike parking at the front door. Lots of bikes I don't know where the cars park. Warm weather brings out half naked women in the evenings. I'd say 50% of the bikers that live at the beach are women. Then there is the Bowery which is in an alcove with no parking in the street so you ride up on the sidewalk and park at the door. They are famous for their pitchers of draft beer and live entertainment.

The cops love bikers as most of them have bikes or part of the bike cops. I like to go down on Seatbelt Saturday. They spend all day ticketing them. Its funny to watch their faces getting a seatbelt violation and bikers ride by with no helmet, short pants and sandals. They are nice guys and don't mind showing off. I saw one line to line make a u turn in a single parking space.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OCT. 5,6, maybe 7th, riding down the little highway along the National shore in NC, take the boat across the water to SC???? Not going to get as far South as Myrtle.

·
Super Moderator
19,503 Posts
We have the Suck Bang Blow with bike parking at the front door. Lots of bikes I don't know where the cars park. Warm weather brings out half naked women in the evenings. I'd say 50% of the bikers that live at the beach are women. Then there is the Bowery which is in an alcove with no parking in the street so you ride up on the sidewalk and park at the door. They are famous for their pitchers of draft beer and live entertainment.

The cops love bikers as most of them have bikes or part of the bike cops. I like to go down on Seatbelt Saturday. They spend all day ticketing them. Its funny to watch their faces getting a seatbelt violation and bikers ride by with no helmet, short pants and sandals. They are nice guys and don't mind showing off. I saw one line to line make a u turn in a single parking space.

That's not a dive bar, that looks like an event venue.

This is a dive bar. Clapboard building on the right.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts