V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find earplugs that are a happy medium between sound reduction (particularly whistling) and comfort? I use hearos, but I am so isolated that I don't really "feel there" when riding. Plus I start to hear the sound inside my head (could be the voices :) ). Maybe it's a trade off, but was wondering your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Good, bad or indifferent, I use the the earphones that came with my Samsung phone and rock out to music on the bike. Cuts down the exhaust crack a bit, gets some tunes in my head and I can still hear most everything going on around me.

Probably not the advice you're looking for, but it works for me.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks speedfoos. This is a possibility for me. I was thinking of low level music via my MP3 player might help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
FWIW, I wear foam earplugs when on particularly long rides - say from Dallas to Sturgis for example. The wind noise just gets to be too much with a half helmet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I am finding earplugs for you. When I was searching on google then I found a lot of earplugs, there is a lot of variation of them. According to your needs, I was finding custom earplugs because only custom earplugs can fulfill your needs. If you use very cheap earplugs then it won't work perfectly. It won't give you fully hearing protection from the wind and engine noise.
So my suggestion is you can use custom motorcycle earplugs thus you can protect your full hearing.
I want to share these websites that I found on google. I will share a video as well so that you can get more information after watching this.
https://www.bigearinc.com/custom-ear-plugs-for-motorcycle-riders/
https://schooloftrades.edu/how-to-choose-hearing-protection-for-your-shooting-sessions/

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
9 yrs.

Keep digging. You're bound to make a record.

Sent from here to there.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,384 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
I have 2 sets of custom ones I bought at Sturgis. I think they were about $30 and really worth it. I rode without them for years but around 40 I noticed my hearing deteriorating rapidly. The ear plugs made a big difference! I can still hear my radio somewhat if it's cranked up
I don't use them around town but on the highway they are a life saver to me. I wear a half helmet as well.

As a bonus I wear them when shooting guns. Work great for that as well. Sometimes they are sold at gun shows in my area too.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
JackFrank is resurrecting all of the old threads. He must have a lot of time on his hands to spend that much of it reading through the history of the VTwin Forum. Maybe he'll go far enough back they'll be questions about the new model shovelheads that are coming out.........:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
He's going for gold... you'd think he would check thread dates by now...

As to earplugs? I like the EarPeace M - Motorsports ear plugs if I going to be running highway speeds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can get custom molded Radianz for about $10 on Amazon or eBay, and if you mold them to fit your earbud headsets, you can have your music come through them, too. You simply drill a small hole through from the inside to where your earbud fits in, and the music will pass through, while the wind noise will not. I'm told the way to have them fit best is to open your jaw a little while they're "setting". I've been thinking about getting them more and more, but just haven't done it. Right now, my Skull Candy earbuds work great for cutting back on the noise while allowing my music to come through perfect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JackFrank is resurrecting all of the old threads. He must have a lot of time on his hands to spend that much of it reading through the history of the VTwin Forum. Maybe he'll go far enough back they'll be questions about the new model shovelheads that are coming out.........:laugh::laugh:
Hey guys, you laugh, but I will take it seriously because I love to read and to spend my time in this forum.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
It's also confusing for us old farts. I was just reading through the do you wear a helmet thread because it popped up having new posts and saw a Michael Psycle post. Thought to myself how in the hell did he make it back here. Then the younger part of my brain that doesn't get used much noticed the date and I thought to myself who fuk'n with he old guys? Well now we know.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
It's also confusing for us old farts. I was just reading through the do you wear a helmet thread because it popped up having new posts and saw a Michael Psycle post. Thought to myself how in the hell did he make it back here. Then the younger part of my brain that doesn't get used much noticed the date and I thought to myself who fuk'n with he old guys? Well now we know.
Damn Boutym, That sure is a name out of the past. When I first joined he was all over the forum..

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Damn Boutym, That sure is a name out of the past. When I first joined he was all over the forum..
Yea it is. Scared me a little bit when I thought he might be back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts