V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
My 90 year old dad's battle station on his carrier was the 40 millimeter.. No such thing as hearing aids in the 40's...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 miles on cycles and have never worn ear plugs....wind noise? Exhaust note? Music too loud? Don't get it...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wore foam ones for a while, tried the ear peace ones but at that point my hearing was really going. Lifetime of guns, explosives, loud bikes, cars, power tools, chain saws, loud music and worked in a loud factory environment for 8 years in my 20s. Never wore any kind of hearing protectors.

My hearing loss started in my mid 40s along with tinnitus(ringing in my ears) that almost drove me nuts the first 6 months or so. Tried aids in my early 50s but just wasn't ready for the hassle. Yea probably vanity. I'm 61 now and my hearing loss is pretty advanced. I've been wearing hearing aids for almost 2 years now. I should wear protection on the bike but I like listening to music on long rides. My aids are bluetooth to my phone so i can use them to listen to music and mute the mics to outside sounds. Best and most expensive earbuds I've evern had. haha...probably not the best thing for my hearing.

All that being said, protect your hearing. Once it's gone it never comes back. I certainly wish I had when I was younger.
Danny boy. Hey there I am 44 just started riding with the ear plugs and am amazed at the difference. I am using the ear piece brand. come with 3 noise filters and are interchangeable and the package comes with 3 plugs and 3 sets of filters in case you loose one. look them up on google. come with key chain holder and like 23 bucks. worth it. hear music and communicators. peace

·
Registered
560 Posts
Danny boy. Hey there I am 44 just started riding with the ear plugs and am amazed at the difference. I am using the ear piece brand. come with 3 noise filters and are interchangeable and the package comes with 3 plugs and 3 sets of filters in case you loose one. look them up on google. come with key chain holder and like 23 bucks. worth it. hear music and communicators. peace
I don't think I can wear them with my hearing aids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 miles on cycles and have never worn ear plugs....wind noise? Exhaust note? Music too loud? Don't get it...
Wind noise is what does it on motorcycles more than the exhaust while riding, generally, a 3/4 helmet is better a preventing it more so than a Full Face in my experience, I wear earplugs most of the time now if I expect to be going at highway speeds for any length of time.
Go to hearingtestlabs.com/motorcycle for more info. Lots of research on hearing damage.

Ear plugs that play music are not going to help. Hearing loss can sneak up on you, you won't notice until too late in some cases.

I use the foam ones that are NRR 30-33 I get free from work, usually 3M brand.

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol. My wife uses “swimmers wax”. Gets it from Walmart. She likes it because it stays in place, it’s clear and she can actually still hear. Greatly reduces the wind noise to just about nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts