V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I have spent the last 1/2 hour searching with no results.

How do I attach earphones,(not a helmet headset) to an Ultra.

I want to wear earplugs and hear my tunes. There must be an adaptor to go from the Intercom/CB to a 1/8" headphone plug?

On a side note. how well does a handheld CB mike work?

As you might have figured out, I am looking for a system that will work without a helmet.

Thanks,

Brad

PS. I went on my first long ride this weekend. It was cold but 300 miles just flew by!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
rentalman said:

I want to wear earplugs and hear my tunes. There must be an adaptor to go from the Intercom/CB to a 1/8" headphone plug?

As you might have figured out, I am looking for a system that will work without a helmet.

Thanks,

Brad

PS. I went on my first long ride this weekend. It was cold but 300 miles just flew by!!!!!!!

http://www.cellset.com/Motorcycleitems.html, scroll to the bottom of the page>pin DIN to 1/8" Stereo Jack Converter

John

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
rentalman said:

Thanks,

Brad

U sure riding around with headphones is legal? Before you go and spend the loot.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hand Held Microphone

The hand held microphone for my '03 works really well. Only time it's used tho is when I'm riding with someone else that has a CB for bike to bike communication. One of my riding buddies does have a '04 and the microphones are identical.
I've found that CB's are useful around big cities for avoiding traffic jams. I listen a lot more than I broadcast.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes... that is the adaptor I need. 7 pin DIN to 3.5mm female.
Thanks Unyalli!!

Krayven, thanks for the report on the handheld mike. I am going on the Three Flags Rally this year and I think bike to bike communication would be helpful but I dont like to wear a helmet(I know, I know) so any boom type mics are out.

Thanks all,

Brad

·
Registered
838 Posts
rentalman said:
thanks for the report on the handheld mike. I am going on the Three Flags Rally this year and I think bike to bike communication would be helpful but I dont like to wear a helmet(I know, I know) so any boom type mics are out.
Brad
That sierra electronics link has a headset with a boom mike that is designed to be used without a helmet. You might be interested in it. I read something elsewhere in the forum about them working nicely for the stereo but have not heard yet if they work well with the CB. ANYONE??????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts