V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has dealt with Eagle Rider? Their bike rentals are $30.00 cheaper per day than the HD dealer.:chopper:

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Where are you going to rent your bike from? I like the Eagle Rider in San Jose, Ca.
I never rented a bike from them, but the guys who runs the place is my mechanic. If I ever needed to rent a bike I would go to Eagle Rider.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stinkboto said:
Where are you going to rent your bike from? I like the Eagle Rider in San Jose, Ca.
I never rented a bike from them, but the guys who runs the place is my mechanic. If I ever needed to rent a bike I would go to Eagle Rider.
Right on Stink, we plan on renting in Scottsdale.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Steelhorse said:
Was wondering if anyone has dealt with Eagle Rider? Their bike rentals are $30.00 cheaper per day than the HD dealer.:chopper:
I rented from an Eagle Rider in Dallas. I had no problems and would do it again.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Let us ponder on this for a moment:hmmm: :hmmm: .......something from Harley that is overpriced....why that is unheard of......seriously I rent from Eagle Rider whenever I travel...I have used them probaly 30 times in the last 2 years and I am yet to have any problem with them...as a matter of fact Harley almost always tries to get extra money out of you for things you don't need.

Steelhorse said:

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
As claytp1 said, "I rented from an Eagle Rider in Dallas. I had no problems and would do it again." I second it!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I used the one in San Francisco for a few days. No problems.

They are cheaper by the day, but HOG has a weekly deal at the stealers that works out to be less if you want one for at least a week.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I used Eagle Rider San Diego. Would do it again no problem. I really enjoyed it.

Two points to consider:
1. Take your own helmet if possible. The selection (and condition) of helmets they had was horrid.

2. check your insurance before renting just so there won't be any surprises.
Most of us ASSUME that our own insurance covers us when we rent (Ins cos call this "extending"); and further ASSUME that when you buy the 'coverage' that the rental outfit offers that we are protected. We also assume that renting a MC is essentially the same as renting a car. We assume wrong (very wrong) about these details.

From the betcha didn't know dept: If you are a resident of Texas, your motorcycle coverage does not extend to a rental.
Yeah, I know what you thought. You were wrong.
So was I. Call your agent. He'll probably be surprised himself; mine sure was.
There is a limited exception, but doesn't apply here.

Most don't know this, but in some cases if you rent a scoot and its stolen...you'll need to cut a check to the place for twenty grand or so. Before you throw your hands in the air and roll your eyes, call HD-Kearney Mesa and ask 'em. Your "exposure" will surprise you. Its common practice with many dealers. Eagle offers essentially a two-grand limit on the renter's part. That's why I dealt with them.

It sounds like I'm trying to discourage folks from renting, and I'm not. I rented and loved it and I will again. I don't like big surprises though, so I did some checking, thats all.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Done the Vegas Eagle Rider 3 or 4 times with no problem. If you are a HOG member you can do better with the Harley fly & ride if it's available where you are going. It's a two day min. but it's $100 a day including insurance. Used that on our trip to Hawaii a few years ago, they gave us rain suits and we took our own helmets.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
masstch said:
I used Eagle Rider San Diego. Would do it again no problem. I really enjoyed it.

Two points to consider:
1. Take your own helmet if possible. The selection (and condition) of helmets they had was horrid.

2. check your insurance before renting just so there won't be any surprises.
Most of us ASSUME that our own insurance covers us when we rent (Ins cos call this "extending"); and further ASSUME that when you buy the 'coverage' that the rental outfit offers that we are protected. We also assume that renting a MC is essentially the same as renting a car. We assume wrong (very wrong) about these details.

One of the reasons I used them, CA doesn't allow rental agencies to offer full coverage insurance if they are based here. Eaglerider is a nationwide co. so they can offer full coverage insurance. For 15 bucks a day its worth it. One dropped bike can add up to a bunch of money.

From the betcha didn't know dept: If you are a resident of Texas, your motorcycle coverage does not extend to a rental.

Same deal for CA residents. If your renting MAKE SURE to check this for your state.

Yeah, I know what you thought. You were wrong.
So was I. Call your agent. He'll probably be surprised himself; mine sure was.
There is a limited exception, but doesn't apply here.

Most don't know this, but in some cases if you rent a scoot and its stolen...you'll need to cut a check to the place for twenty grand or so. Before you throw your hands in the air and roll your eyes, call HD-Kearney Mesa and ask 'em. Your "exposure" will surprise you. Its common practice with many dealers. Eagle offers essentially a two-grand limit on the renter's part. That's why I dealt with them.

They also offer a 1k deductable coverage also.

It sounds like I'm trying to discourage folks from renting, and I'm not. I rented and loved it and I will again. I don't like big surprises though, so I did some checking, thats all.
The San Diego Eaglerider was a good experience for me. I had an 07 Eglide and the stupid keyfob security system crapped out on me, they had another bike delivered to me in less than an hour.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts