V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with White Bros. E Series slip ons? How about the E-Series vs. Super Trapp? I'm interested in the tunable disks. I have a '03 Road King on the way. Looking for a good pipe to run with Fuel Injection. I plan on using a Power Commander with the S.E. stage 1 breather kit. I'm used to CV. This will be my first experience with fuel injection.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
E pipe as of now is the best EFI pipe, but the Trapps are right there.

Don't know that I would spemd the money and keep the factory head pipes. It sort of follows that you could restrict the left pipe to avoid reversion with either one if you absolutely have to have two canisters.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hippo!
I'm completely open to suggestions. This is my first "Fuel Injected" experience... on two wheels anyway. From what I have been reading the E-Series are looking like a good choice. However, everyone I've talked to around here, Central CA., ask "White who?" when I ask about White Bros.
I watched for H.D.'s answer to fuel injection mapping and I wasn't impressed. I have been keeping my eye on S&S. I believe they have some potential with their ignition module and fuel mapping...they just haven't caught up to the TC88 Delphi system....yet. Any food for thought is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Not much I can tell you about the EFI tuner as of yet. Ordered one the day I saw it on the website but it's not here yet.
There is anither unit in the pipeline, but I can't tell you about it yet.

Power Commanders have issues on the late EFI bikes, and I have been taking a lot of them off and replacing them with a different system.

If you insist on a PC, being in CA you are close to OR and one of the best EFI guys in the country is there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My EFI RK is due in sometime in mid October. I'll break it in before I modify anything. So I have some time. Thanks for the clues there is something better coming. I'll keep reading.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey, Hippo. This is a little off the subject. I am working on getting my first bike.(2002 RoadKing) JimmyK chimed in with suggesting a stageI and pipes. You made the comment about not wasting money on slipons and keeping stock pipes. I've done some research on exhaust systems and it's all confusing. Tuning to different rpms and depending on how you ride. I want something a bit louder than stock, but want to improve performance. Leaning more on sound, than performance. I plan on braking in the bike before I move onto tuning, but would appreciate some input on the subject. As far as the stageI set up, would it also make more sense to upgrade the carb? Something like a S&S E. I feel you would be a good resource to consult. Thanks for any input. J.T.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Got my 2001 FLHPI 3 weeks ago. It has the SE 95" Stage II setup, w/211 cams and Hooker "True Duals" installed and they not only sound great, they seem to work very well too. My dealer remapped the HD injection, so no PC was needed.
twincamzz

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I've got the W Bros two into one on my bike now. I've got a set of Super Trapp dresser mufflers that I've switched from bike to bike every year on my work bike that have been outstanding.

Started out on a carb bike, but most of the P models went to FI in 2001. They work well, and sound decent, but aren't loud by any means. They have held up really well even with the annual sway overs. Haven't bolted them on the 03 yet, don't have the break in done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.